Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quanel Lake  (Read 2231 times)

canadian-countrygrl

Quanel Lake
« on: May 12, 2006, 08:48:38 AM »

For anyone who is heading to the vancouver Island, south of Nanaimo, I found out the name of the lake I've been too.   It's called Quanel Lake.  They have Rainbow, and lots of small mouth bass.  They also rent out boats for the day if you don't have a float tube. It's a GREAT lake.  They have a campground right on site too.

The last time I was there, my boyfriend and I rented a boat and got busted doing something in the middle of the lake by a plane. I'm sure you can figure it out.  They flew around a few times.  I tell ya, it's fishing that does it to us.  The fish turn us on.  hahaha  :P

Haven't been back there since but do plan to go back NEXT weekend for camping and fishing! I'll take some pictures and post them for all to see.  Pictures of the campground and the fish of course.
MAY THE HOLES IN YOUR NET BE NO LARGER THAN THE FISH IN IT!

drift

Re: Quanel Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 09:20:59 AM »

just watch out for the crowd of guys on shore with binoculars(just kidding) ;D ;)

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 01:47:46 PM »

are you sure this is not Quennell lake just south of Nanimo heading towards Yellow point?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 01:49:52 PM by rln »

canadian-countrygrl

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 10:26:29 AM »

Indeed it is rln indeed it is.
MAY THE HOLES IN YOUR NET BE NO LARGER THAN THE FISH IN IT!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 06:23:54 PM »

Haven't been back there since but do plan to go back NEXT weekend for camping and fishing! I'll take some pictures and post them for all to see.  Pictures of the campground and the fish of course.
Well, those pics could be entertaining to most as well!!  Depending on the perspective anyways!! :D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!