Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Boat Launch at Aggassiz Bridge  (Read 2152 times)

gman

Fraser Boat Launch at Aggassiz Bridge
« on: July 19, 2005, 10:33:13 AM »

Has anyone used the boat launch at the Aggassiz bridge on the Fraser recently?

How does it compare to the one at Island 22 say?

Just want to make sure it is not underwater or something before I make the drive.

miketheflyguy

Re: Fraser Boat Launch at Aggassiz Bridge
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 03:30:25 PM »

Its not under water....and I beleive its free of charge.....and it is a great place to launch if hitting ferry or spegheti.......

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 06:59:08 AM »

Are you referring to the one directly below the bridge on the South side of the river or the one on the Aggassiz side? Also isn't there another launch site by the Fraser River Lodge?

gman

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 08:06:12 AM »

Rieber and miketheflyguy,

I am interested in information on any of these. This year I have a boat, and launching there gives me access to some of my favourete fishing locations that I have accessed from shore in past years. So far I have launched at Island 22 but am unsure of launches at the Aggassiz bridge. I too have heard of more than one. I have an 18' Hewescraft Sportsman boat.
1) on the south side of the river - I believe this is the one many people use as I have seen boats take this exit from the highway South of  the bridge
2) Fishing fever mentions an old one on the North side - but I am not sure it is still there or good enough
3) You mention the Fraser River Lodge - do they have a launch that the public can use?
I would probably just go to the one on the South side of the river, but am worried that it might be underwater. I'm heading out tomorrow, and if unsure I might just go to Island 22.

Thanks for any advice you might have.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 08:07:49 AM by gman »

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 05:57:59 PM »

Yeah there's one a little bit down from the Fraser River lodge, just checked it out a couple days ago. Not sure how good it would be for launching until the water goes down but I say one big boat trailer there so it's do able.