Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ambleside  (Read 6831 times)

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
Re: Ambleside
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 06:53:49 AM »

when I fished Ambleside, about a month ago, people were keeping bottom fish.  Is it ok to eat fish taken in this part of the bay?  The only thing I caught of any size I gave away. 

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2005, 09:46:41 AM »

English Bay isn't badly polluted at all-there's no heavy industry just sewage/road runoff after storms.
The flesh of those fish probably isn't contaminated-it's an aesthetic call more than anything else.
Shellfish are of course closed but  I have seen people taking those for food-of course back in those days there were Shellfish to take.

No_way

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2005, 03:08:59 PM »

when I fished Ambleside, about a month ago, people were keeping bottom fish.  Is it ok to eat fish taken in this part of the bay?  The only thing I caught of any size I gave away. 

I eat fish I catch at crab park which is just across the water and they're fine.  I read a water report for Burrard inlet and there is no threat of heavy metal or chemical contamination (other than dog fish according to the DFO).  The only water warnings are bacteriological, but since I assume you would cook the fish then that posses no threat either.

To the point of how the fish taste, the greenlings and perch are fantastic, but the flatfish taste a little muddy to me but filleted and deepfried they beat not eating fish at all.

JiG_Head

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 10:38:26 PM »

i only eat the greenlings/rockcod i catch over 1lb there :D and crabs :). as for the hooks gammi size 0/1 for me. and 4 for pile perch. keeps the shinners away.
the shyt talker.