Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ~~~Golfers?~~~  (Read 4710 times)

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
~~~Golfers?~~~
« on: July 17, 2005, 10:42:13 AM »

Any golfers on board? Well Mrs. Randog has roped me into a golf tournament today at 3:00, I'm not a very good golfer and haven't golfed in a couple of years. My observation is that people that are good golfers wear funny pants :o and people that are good fishermen wear REALLY funny pants ;D

Oh well, that should be good for a laugh ;)

fisher88

Re: ~~~Golfers?~~~
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 04:51:43 PM »

im a golfer!!! i play 3 times a week more than i do fish!! >:(
If you aint dutch you aint much!

No_way

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 04:53:13 PM »

I'd rather fish.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 07:27:12 PM »

I GOLF!!! I golf probably 5 times a week!!!! ;D ;D..and no i dont wear funny pants...

fisher88

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 10:06:22 PM »

I'd rather fish.

me too,, but when ur 16 and ur paps doesnt like to fish or drive 1 hour ur kinda stuck.

Randog

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 10:18:27 PM »

Well I'm back, and I must say that I DEFINITELY enjoy fishing over golf, and not only because Mrs. Randog beat me by one stroke (I think she cheated ::)) or because I'm burnt to a crisp, but because I'm a crummy golfer, but I did win a nice Molson Canadian tee shirt.

halorail

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2005, 11:12:02 PM »

I currently work on a golf course, and have built 3 courses and the last thing I feel like doing is going out for 4-5 more hours. Before we had kids I played lots. I can get it around.
Pack Out Your Trash

fisher88

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 01:47:51 PM »

sweet what courses?, cody do u have a cap??

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 03:38:39 PM »

...hey randog   you forgot to tell us what you shot ,or was it that bad that your wife could beat you by 1 shot  .

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2005, 06:48:19 PM »

cap ??????? wu???, wut do u mean fisher88???

Randog

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2005, 06:52:32 PM »

Cody, I think he means "handi-cap"?  BTW Mrs. Randog is a good golfer ::) she hit an 84 and me an 85. Those scores would be great on a long course but we only played a par 3/4 course. I think the back of my calfs were glowing in the dark last night they are soooo red!

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 07:52:38 PM »

oh yeah, wut am I thinking....no I havn't figured it out this year, cause I've only played Westwood Golf Academy...the 9 hole..so its not a true handicap...but im hoping to get a time in a few weeks at the Westwood golf and Country Club ;) I played today at the Academy and shot Par (Par 31)

ocean_going

• fish on
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

I think they are both great sports, but fishing doesn't cost so much, (after you get all your gear) that is ,  and not having to   wait,,  wait,, wait,,   for the group in front of you, golf is so daRn busy in the summer. depending on where you play that is  i suppose 

fisher88

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2005, 09:50:57 PM »

oh yeah, wut am I thinking....no I havn't figured it out this year, cause I've only played Westwood Golf Academy...the 9 hole..so its not a true handicap...but im hoping to get a time in a few weeks at the Westwood golf and Country Club ;) I played today at the Academy and shot Par (Par 31)
thats good man!! ur rich if u can afford to play at westwood lol!!!.. I have a membership at a course in Surrey area soo i go there free whenver.. cost me 500 but ive already golfed around 800 dollars worth so its all good. I shot a 79 today,, (par 71)

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2005, 06:56:19 AM »

"fishing doesn't cost so much..." hah. I see the price of these jets running on the Fraser, these need to be pulled, fueled and maintained to keep going. You calculate that on a per-fish-kept-per-year and you'll see the real cost. Plus go out to the Fraser now and see what the average amount of hours it takes to get a keeper Spring. We're nuts if you break it down. Thank god we have this opportunity to Fish here in the Lower Mainland. I woulnd't be out there 8-hours a day if I didn't like it so much. Golf is definitaly less expensive. I like golf but I love fishing.