Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Springer Report  (Read 1581 times)

SP123

Springer Report
« on: June 27, 2004, 09:47:35 PM »

Started out at grassy this morning (close to the top of the bar). Fished hard for 3 hours before getting my first fish. I had the fish for about 5 headshakes and then it was gone. Damit!! Made about 10 more casts and fish on again. This time 3 headshakes and then gone. Just wasn't my lucky day. My dad went cold all morning. Fishing seem very spotty at grassy today, and wasn't nearly as good as last weekend. One here one there, not much consistancy. I only saw 1 fish caught above me. I native opening at the mouth must have been the cause of the slower fishing. Jetted up river in the afternoon to fish around the peg leg area. My dad finally hooked and landed a 20 pounder after about 1 hour of fishing. The spring was a white and had some very deep net gashes in it's belly. The river needs to drop at least 8 feet before the fishing really turns on. I think the run is going to be huge in the next 3 weeks as fisherman are slamming the springs at sooke which are frasier bound fish. Last weekend 230 springs were weighed  in at sooke marina in one day. Thats some good fishing!!!

Jimmy

Re:Springer Report
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 09:57:55 PM »

great job on the 20lbs er what do you do with the white spring will you smoke it of  on th BBQ?

spring_killer

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 10:03:18 PM »

Well done  SP123..  :)

SP123

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 10:14:39 PM »

your probally right doctor, 8 feet might be too much of a drop. The current needs to slow down at least and visablity needs to improve

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 08:08:09 AM »

Thank's for the report SP123. Hey, at least you had a couple on and that's a lot better than a lot of people.