Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave June 20th  (Read 1651 times)

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
Stave June 20th
« on: June 21, 2004, 05:06:25 PM »

wanted to try my luck at Stave, so after picking up Big T, we headed out. By the time we got there it was about twelve, and there was some people fishing. Saw one guy pull up a 6 inch trout. We found a nice slow place to start fishing. As Big T is setting up his rod, I make my first cast. Hooked into a 8 inch squafish. Next cast fish on again. this time it's a foot long squa. Big T was getting anxious to set up his rod by now ;D Third cast missed a small hit. Fourth cast hooked a nice hatchery rainbow about ten inches. Finally, Big T got his rod set up. after a few cast he had 3 squas. He lost to good sized trout too, I would estimate at 15 inches. All fish were released. I believe we could have kept  20 squa each OR 2 hatchery fish over 30cm? Unfortuneatley, the water started rising, so we headed up to see what was happening. It appeared that the dam had opened up some more :'( after that no more fish for us. One guy caught a few smaller fish in the fast water. No cutties for us. Too bad the dam opened, because if it didn't we would of had a LOT of fun. It  still was fun though. ;) Those squas and rainbows put a good fight on light gear.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
Re:Stave June 20th
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 06:38:30 PM »

Thx for the report chum,what were u using? :)

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 06:45:44 PM »

Big T and I used a float with pieces of worms, also for a short period we used pieces of shrimp and hooked into one rainbow. Those fish will go after anything. ;) :)

spring_killer

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 06:43:12 PM »

Thanx for the report :)