Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will We Make "A" TV Tonight?  (Read 1884 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Will We Make "A" TV Tonight?
« on: September 07, 2006, 10:31:29 PM »

After a short trip to Bamfield 4 of us from the Chilliwack River Action Committee had to meet up with some FOC, Provincial pepole etc. to view the work being done on the Stoltz Slide on the Cowichan River.

It is similar to the projects we have been doing on the Tolmie and Slesse Park Slide on the Chilliwack so we were there to look at this project to compare notes etc.

Anyway Mark Hume from the Globe and Mail along with "A" TV from Victoria were doing a story there also.

We were told it would be on the Early News and maybe at 11 tonight. Donot know if we ended up on the cutting floor or not but watch for the Leaf Hat if we make the final cut. ;D ;D

I may have some pictures will send to Rodney to post if they worked out.

Barbless

Re: Will We Make "A" TV Tonight?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 08:49:01 AM »

Sweet,  I don't know if it made it or not but I hope it did.  The more exposure the better.

Unrelated, I am a numbers guy so I notice things like this.  Chris is at 3,333 posts.  One more and it won't be a fancy number anymore.  Does anyone else look at their speedometers and wait for milestone numbers to show up and say, "Damn I missed that one" when one escaped your view?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 12:15:09 PM »

Thanks for the number update Barbless, I had not noticed it. I guess this will be 3,334. ;D

We did not make the 11 news last night but it was on this morning, a brief shot of the Leaf Hat as well. ;D ;D

The Stoltz Slide project will be a welcome project to both anglers and the fish. It will cut down on siltation problems that has had a adverse effect on fish production as well as reducing fishing opportunities on many days through the fishing season during heavy rain and high water flows due to  coloured water conditions.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 01:49:25 PM »

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 03:39:08 PM »

Huge thanks to the volunteers that made this happen. ;D
There was a lot of nathsayers, however the volunteers just kept on going and there you have it.