Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder September 29th, 2007 - with picture  (Read 2262 times)

Murmillo

Vedder September 29th, 2007 - with picture
« on: October 01, 2007, 08:26:47 PM »

Start from home at 4:30 to do some cast first light.. My friend loves to fish at new place almost every time (me too).. So heading towards a new place (based on Google earth picture).. Found that Google earth picture’s resolution need to improve… >:( yes there was a road but closed with a gate which wasn’t watch able at Google earth >:().. But my friend had a backup place  :)(this one is also new for us).. Following the Google map direction and missed a road :(, so….. Turn back…search again… bingo… ;D found the place.. but by that time first light was gone.. it was close to noon..

lots of people fishing there… but one place was empty where two of us fit nicely.. ;D we were wondering why no person was there  ???..coz it seems a nice pool.  First cast..float went down.. hook set and the biggest fish of the river for sure (coz it was a big big log….. :() ..my friend learn the lesson so throw far away..  His float also went down and this time it was fish.. Nice jack..  :D Luckily landed.. Luckily landed?  ??? Next cast fish-on…. Nice coho came close to shore.. Tangle with that log.. Full set-up with fish gone.. Prepare new setup..cast… fish-on.. that log.. fish tangle.. again.. tie everything.. cast fish-on..that log.. same thing.. :-[ all this story about my friend ..

Me? by that time I manage to cast 10 times.. lost 8 leader and one pink landed.. after loosing 8th leader with that log I decide to sit back and waiting for some person  his place..

And the biggest lesson we learn.. why that nice pool was empty.. :(

So wait for a while manage a new place.. one big chum ..Few jack and finally this beauty.. ;D

My friend also moved to another spot and he landed bigger and better than this beauty..

But the end of the story is tragedy… Went to the car and that was not starting… we got soaked with rain... top to bottom.. wait for a tow-truck for 4hrs in that rain with wet cloth.. Now you imagine what was our situation..
   ;D

« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:33:23 AM by Rodney »

Taboo

Re: Vedder 29 - with picture
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 09:48:15 PM »

Start from home at 4:30 to do some cast first light.. My friend loves to fish at new place almost every time (me too).. So heading towards a new place (based on Google earth picture).. Found that Google earth picture’s resolution need to improve… >:( yes there was a road but closed with a gate which wasn’t watch able at Google earth >:().. But my friend had a backup place  :)(this one is also new for us).. Following the Google map direction and missed a road :(, so….. Turn back…search again… bingo… ;D found the place.. but by that time first light was gone.. it was close to noon..

lots of people fishing there… but one place was empty where two of us fit nicely.. ;D we were wondering why no person was there  ???..coz it seems a nice pool.  First cast..float went down.. hook set and the biggest fish of the river for sure (coz it was a big big log….. :() ..my friend learn the lesson so throw far away..  His float also went down and this time it was fish.. Nice jack..  :D Luckily landed.. Luckily landed?  ??? Next cast fish-on…. Nice coho came close to shore.. Tangle with that log.. Full set-up with fish gone.. Prepare new setup..cast… fish-on.. that log.. fish tangle.. again.. tie everything.. cast fish-on..that log.. same thing.. :-[ all this story about my friend ..

Me? by that time I manage to cast 10 times.. lost 8 leader and one pink landed.. after loosing 8th leader with that log I decide to sit back and waiting for some person  his place..

And the biggest lesson we learn.. why that nice pool was empty.. :(

So wait for a while manage a new place.. one big chum ..Few jack and finally this beauty.. ;D

My friend also moved to another spot and he landed bigger and better than this beauty..

But the end of the story is tragedy… Went to the car and that was not starting… we got soaked with rain... top to bottom.. wait for a tow-truck for 4hrs in that rain with wet cloth.. Now you imagine what was our situation..
   ;D

Nice fish...saw you land it...I was on the island in the middle...  The guy behind you is my brother and the guy behind him is a family friend who was giving you tips about fishing technique....

Crappy about your car....

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 09:53:09 PM »

"Now you imagine what was our situation.."

Judging by the expression on your friends face...... :-\
Well you get to chow down on some white spring and get back at it again. Thanks for the report.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Murmillo

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »

Thanks for inspiration.. :)

I am waiting for a ride to the Vedder again… ( I have no car  :()

I hope I will manage time and ride (even before this weekend..)

fishforever

Re: Vedder September 29th, 2007 - with picture
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 07:34:52 PM »

nice fish

croc

Re: Vedder September 29th, 2007 - with picture
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 09:37:17 AM »

that is a beautiful fish, dinner is served! :D