Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Frustration on the Vedder  (Read 5289 times)

yoda

Re: Frustration on the Vedder
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 11:29:21 PM »

i'm sensing a lot of frustration, all in all it has been a season of fishing, not catching for many out there.
you just have to get through the wall!!! keep plugging along. had a real good day last friday, three fish on, and one nice hatch female about 9lbs for the barbeque. all silver bullets. sometimes you have to walk a lot of water, and sometimes it's just a matter of finding where they like to settle in the river

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 01:17:34 AM »

But then you would not have seen all those cutty sharks jumping, a sight in a life time on the Vedder. ;D ;D ;D

And Cookies. ;D The sudden cutthroat feeding frenzy just meters in front of us was quite a sight and rather hopeless when no fly rods were around. ;D

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 11:18:27 AM »

But then you would not have seen all those cutty sharks jumping, a sight in a life time on the Vedder. ;D ;D ;D

And Cookies. ;D The sudden cutthroat feeding frenzy just meters in front of us was quite a sight and rather hopeless when no fly rods were around. ;D

Too Cool!! I am assuming you saw this in your usual beat, around two stumps?

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »

Too Cool!! I am assuming you saw this in your usual beat, around two stumps?

Cheers,
Nicole
Next run down. ;D ;D

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 05:07:32 PM »

Spoonman...........   Are you still using spoons ????   I've had a fairly good year fishing only 1 day a week. I've landed 13 and from top to bottom of the river. Still fishing spoons exclusively. The last couple weeks ya gotta cover lots of country. Have landed some BIG fish lately ( big coloured Bucks ) and are they hot-wild kritters. ............

sneaky little bugger