Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1345774 times)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1230 on: January 09, 2015, 11:37:51 PM »

A look back. http://youtu.be/PhxQBSU-npw?list=PLAvoaPJJUqyH2USAgbLMYUlpBfc7mB0fD

Nice music...nice scenery...That's about it.

4 years ago Morton was a rock star.....now she is just a rock.  Her prophecies of doom and gloom are now as popular as Betamax.  Other researchers are working together and collaborating doing real science while she is launching useless court action which will do squat for wild salmon.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1231 on: January 10, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »

Nice music...nice scenery...That's about it.

4 years ago Morton was a rock star.....now she is just a rock.  Her prophecies of doom and gloom are now as popular as Betamax.  Other researchers are working together and collaborating doing real science while she is launching useless court action which will do squat for wild salmon.
One thing you and others miss as I have stated befire I feel it is because of Alex "other researchers are working together and collaborating doing real science." That in its self is important, that is while there is not interference in their work from some governments.

Maybe I should not be worried but with the action of the current government it does give one something to be concerned about.
PS
Thanks for taking the time to watch the video, I certainly enjoyed being part of it over the whole trip from Hope to Vancouver.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 09:29:07 AM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1232 on: January 10, 2015, 09:47:01 AM »

You will see by this: http://nsapes.ca/acar-press-release-january-8th-2015 Alex and many others on our coast are not the only ones concered about FF. The other side of Canada is also having concerns.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1233 on: January 10, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »

One thing you and others miss as I have stated befire I feel it is because of Alex "other researchers are working together and collaborating doing real science." That in its self is important, that is while there is not interference in their work from some governments.

Maybe I should not be worried but with the action of the current government it does give one something to be concerned about.
PS
Thanks for taking the time to watch the video, I certainly enjoyed being part of it over the whole trip from Hope to Vancouver.

How do the actions of someone who is ignorant of Pacific Salmon, doesn't understand viruses and diseases, professes doom and gloom predictions that don't come true and slags reputable scientists get other researchers to collaborate together on these issues.  They don't. Morton wants nothing to do with collaborating with anyone unless they tow the party line regarding her theories.  Those that are involved in this research recognize this and consequently she is on the outside looking in.   

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1234 on: January 10, 2015, 03:44:20 PM »

How do the actions of someone who is ignorant of Pacific Salmon, doesn't understand viruses and diseases, professes doom and gloom predictions that don't come true and slags reputable scientists get other researchers to collaborate together on these issues.  They don't. Morton wants nothing to do with collaborating with anyone unless they tow the party line regarding her theories.  Those that are involved in this research recognize this and consequently she is on the outside looking in.   
Awaiting your comments on the post above yours or are you avoiding it? :D :D

Another great rally today, video later, hope it is not slagged to much. ::)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:47:00 PM by chris gadsden »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1235 on: January 10, 2015, 05:31:22 PM »

Awaiting your comments on the post above yours or are you avoiding it? :D :
There are no comments necessary (but I bet he will  :D) as the issues on both coasts is like comparing apples and oranges, for so many reasons, all of which have been discussed here many times over.
Do some research, or easier, read what is sent you ;)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1236 on: January 10, 2015, 06:40:24 PM »

"other researchers are working together and collaborating doing real science." long before Doc Morton came to Canada from the US to start her crusade from what I now see Chris. Prove that one wrong if you can. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1237 on: January 10, 2015, 06:40:58 PM »

There are no comments necessary (but I bet he will  :D) as the issues on both coasts is like comparing apples and oranges, for so many reasons, all of which have been discussed here many times over.
Do some research, or easier, read what is sent you ;)
If you have time could you relate the reasons as I canot remember them, thanks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1238 on: January 10, 2015, 06:54:05 PM »

"other researchers are working together and collaborating doing real science." long before Doc Morton came to Canada from the US to start her crusade from what I now see Chris. Prove that one wrong if you can. :)
From what I understand Alex was in Canada for some time before the FF issue reared its ugly head.

Also at one time she thought fish farms were going to be Ok.

"Alexandra Bryant Morton is a biologist who settled in Kwikwasut'inuxw Haxwa'mis First Nation in British Columbia, Canada to study wild orca (killer whales) in 1984. Morton made her home in Echo Bay - a community without roads, electricity or stores.

In 1987 salmon farms moved into the region. At first Morton thought they were a good idea, but within a few years the changes to the archipelago became a concern to the people in the region.

Since then Alexandra Morton has published extensively on the impact of salmon farms on whales and salmon. As the industry grew into 27 Norwegian salmon farms, her community died, the school closed, whales left, toxic algae blooms began, Atlantic salmon were found in Pacific rivers, sea lice infestations of wild salmon began and Morton dedicated her life to protecting her home from salmon farms."

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1239 on: January 10, 2015, 06:58:47 PM »

Awaiting your comments on the post above yours or are you avoiding it? :D :D

Another great rally today, video later, hope it is not slagged to much. ::)

I did have one, but I deleted it because it gets tiresome bringing up the Cohen Final Report. Funny how activists like Morton are now looking at Eastern Canada and Norway to rebuild her church again, and ignoring the findings and recommendations from a report based on issues here.

As always, I am looking forward to the video. Make sure it is after the Seahawks game because it could be a toss up which one I will want to watch more if you post it now...lol.  :P

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1240 on: January 10, 2015, 07:02:28 PM »

What has she got right and what has she done to enhance wild salmon Chris? I feel a the same about donating and my investments. I will stop donating to a lost cause the same as I would change investments.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1241 on: January 10, 2015, 07:09:32 PM »

From what I understand Alex was in Canada for some time before the FF issue reared its ugly head.

Also at one time she thought fish farms were going to be Ok.

"Alexandra Bryant Morton is a biologist who settled in Kwikwasut'inuxw Haxwa'mis First Nation in British Columbia, Canada to study wild orca (killer whales) in 1984. Morton made her home in Echo Bay - a community without roads, electricity or stores.

In 1987 salmon farms moved into the region. At first Morton thought they were a good idea, but within a few years the changes to the archipelago became a concern to the people in the region.

Since then Alexandra Morton has published extensively on the impact of salmon farms on whales and salmon. As the industry grew into 27 Norwegian salmon farms, her community died, the school closed, whales left, toxic algae blooms began, Atlantic salmon were found in Pacific rivers, sea lice infestations of wild salmon began and Morton dedicated her life to protecting her home from salmon farms."

Yeah rrriiight, toxic algae blooms never happened until fish farms showed up...lol.  BS 

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1242 on: January 10, 2015, 08:00:51 PM »

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:23:46 PM by Fisherbob »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1243 on: January 10, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »

If you have time could you relate the reasons as I canot remember them, thanks.
::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1244 on: January 10, 2015, 08:40:26 PM »