Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scale Bar parking  (Read 3266 times)

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
Scale Bar parking
« on: July 18, 2007, 01:17:01 AM »

A fishing friend told me that he got a warning ticket for parking in that little spot on the east entrance of the truck scale. There seems to have no obvious no-parking sign in that little spot. Where else can fishermen park then? Is it legal to park by the side of Hwy 7? I have seen many cars around the bend past the truck scale, does any body receive ticket or warning ticket there recently?

It is pathetic that we are the tax payers and our taxes go into maintaining highways, and yet we are given the least priority in using parking in that area. They already close off part of the bar as a concession to the few residents at upper section, then they close the two obvious parking spots reserved for fishermen, and now they are telling people they cannot park in a spot that is off the traffic. Where is DFO in all this? Do they try to shut people out from using the only foot-accessible bar (at this time), or should they represent those who buy their fishing licenses that people have a right to fish and be given the proper parking to access a prime fishing area?

It is pathetic that years after years fishermen are finding less fish and less opportunity to fish, and more road blocks to enjoy recreational fishing, and yet there are those elitists or exclusionists who just repeatedly lobby the government to shut down the fishing rights or fishing opportunities of the average joe fishermen.   >:( :(  Why not charge less for the fishing licenses too?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 01:20:10 AM by Steelhawk »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Scale Bar parking
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 03:55:41 AM »

There is a job for you, organize a group and meet with FOC and the Minstry of Highways to obtain more parking in this area. ;D ;D ;D

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 06:14:00 AM »

There is a job for you, organize a group and meet with FOC and the Minstry of Highways to obtain more parking in this area. ;D ;D ;D

Does that actually work? Organizing a few people and asking the gov't for help. They actually listen?

Ian

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 06:46:13 AM »

if you drive west past the scale, about a kilometer from the trail, on the river side of the highway, there is a legal spot to park (holds about 6 cars) where the 2 concrete barriers overlap.  Also, when I stopped in Cheyenne tackle in hope they had maps for the bar and showed where you could park and walk.  I think you park near the highway interchange and walk down Landstrop road to a trail, but don't quote me, stop at the tackle shop, good folks there..

Ian

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 07:14:01 AM »

Does that actually work? Organizing a few people and asking the gov't for help. They actually listen?
Done it many time over the years. ;D ;D

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 07:29:40 AM »

You know what else is "pathetic" steelhawk...fishers stabbing each other, fighting, getting overly aggressive over a fish, let's not forget trespassing, litterring, taking dumps in peoples BACK YARDS, etc, etc!!! 

I fished the scale bar a lot when I was first getting into flossing and quickly learned what a nasty group it is...when i say this, I am referring to the top end regulars.  I saw one guy every time I went!  he was a local and I heard him bragging how he had filled his card and yet I see him flossing springs 3 separate times after I heard him say he filled his card.  Thats pathetic.

Ya, I can totally see how our fishing opportunities in BC are being reduced on a daily basis...maybe we show come up with a way to floss trout in the lakes after all we need to eat.

When are people going to appreciate what we have in this province and realize that a $100 fishing license is cheap as hell considering the food value of the fish we catch.  And I am sad to say what it boils down to nowadays...isn't the RECREATIONAL aspect of fishing appreciated by the masses anymore...it certainly doesn't seem to be and that my friends is what's truly pathetic.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:59:03 AM »

You know what else is "pathetic" steelhawk...fishers stabbing each other, fighting, getting overly aggressive over a fish, let's not forget trespassing, litterring, taking dumps in peoples BACK YARDS, etc, etc!!! 

I fished the scale bar a lot when I was first getting into flossing and quickly learned what a nasty group it is...when i say this, I am referring to the top end regulars.  I saw one guy every time I went!  he was a local and I heard him bragging how he had filled his card and yet I see him flossing springs 3 separate times after I heard him say he filled his card.  Thats pathetic.

Ya, I can totally see how our fishing opportunities in BC are being reduced on a daily basis...maybe we show come up with a way to floss trout in the lakes after all we need to eat.

When are people going to appreciate what we have in this province and realize that a $100 fishing license is cheap as hell considering the food value of the fish we catch.  And I am sad to say what it boils down to nowadays...isn't the RECREATIONAL aspect of fishing appreciated by the masses anymore...it certainly doesn't seem to be and that my friends is what's truly pathetic.
Glad I read your post as I was just going to turn off my computer befoire heading fishing. Your thoughts give me hope and my fishing trip will be a lot more enjoyable after reading it.
Well done. ;D ;D ;D

Thrasher

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 09:10:23 AM »

Why is it that just about every topic you click on to read, someone is whining and ranting about "flossers".

The thread was about parking. Seems to me that there are about 20 other threads currently flaming flossers that your rants would fit right in with.

Thrasher

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 10:47:22 AM »

I think that you "assuming" that I have a problem about people who speak out about flossing. You don't know me nor do you know how I fish. You also do not know how much river clean up I do when I am not fishing. You also do not know what confrontations I have made with people on the river that brought me face to face with people with barbed hooks, more than their limits of fish, and the DFO on the phone while I was in the middle of being threatened to have my a$$ kicked by the violators.

Bottom line, you don't know, what you think you know about me.

I for one just get tired of the constant rants and flamings on both sides of the topic.