Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder/Chilliwack River Coho  (Read 29919 times)

Catch44

Re: Vedder/Chilliwack River Coho
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2009, 05:26:56 PM »

Awesome tips..thnx for them all..and keep em comming.And for sure it takes time and wait..which can get to me..I like the look of a nice coho..and taste so good to...and for sure the colour combo seems to play a part.I was red with some peach wool,not even a sniff.And I to usally do perfer a nice drift with a tail out and some room, but wanted to catch a coho bad so i went to the local hotstop.Dont think i'll go there much...just not really for me i think.

Catch44

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2009, 05:32:37 PM »

And im going to go out this weekend again...somewhere..and try some roe i have cured...see what it gives me..spring or coho i dont care..just love fishing and getting out there...but love the fight when hooked on...but might try allsion pool way...is it good up that way..or crazy as well...havent been there yet this yr,cause the tamahi thing..just not sure about..all sorts up that way.

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2009, 07:43:13 PM »

SpringKing#1

« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2009, 08:23:05 PM »

mr.p

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2009, 11:37:01 PM »

LOLOLOL....

But seriously, wool can produce.  Definately not as productive as roe.  However, I have caught and seen many coho caught on wool.
Biggest coho my buddy or I caught this season was actually on an orange/red wool combo.

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

Catch44

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2009, 06:44:53 PM »

Wow..thats a beauty....would love to land one of those...im hoping to land something like this weekend if the water isnt to bad..and or the rain.Going to try my roe...Also trying to buy a new(used) rod and reel to...so hopefully it'll be a good weekend.Was that thing caught up river on the vedder..

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2009, 07:30:22 PM »

LOLOLOL....

But seriously, wool can produce.  Definately not as productive as roe.  However, I have caught and seen many coho caught on wool.
Biggest coho my buddy or I caught this season was actually on an orange/red wool combo.

I guess the coho see so much wool these days they get mad at seeing so much of it and snap at it out of anger. ;D ;D

They certainly donot like the roe I keep putting by them like they did in the old days. ??? :-X

Robert_G

« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »

Not to worry Chris. The Spring Jacks absolutely loved the fresh Pink roe this year.
As for the Coho, my Pink roe has fooled 14 of them this year so far.

mr.p

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2009, 07:53:20 PM »

I guess the coho see so much wool these days they get mad at seeing so much of it and snap at it out of anger. ;D ;D

They certainly donot like the roe I keep putting by them like they did in the old days. ??? :-X

I don't know what to say about your lack of luck this season.  I saw you fishing that stretch around "sassy run" quite often and thats where I caught most of mine this season.
This particular fish was actually the first of the season.  Sept.6 I believe.  There's still another month or so on the north side.  Still plenty of time to change your luck.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

bigsnag

• Old Timer
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2009, 09:22:26 PM »

Ummm....why would you want to fish Tamahi right now?  I don't see any enjoyment in standing in one spot fishing a 5x5' pocket of water.
Wouldn't you rather get a nice drift and fish some tailouts?

Nothing wrong with fishing pocket water, but normally this involves moving from pocket to pocket looking for fish.
tamahi is a brutal place to fish. I put it in the same category as the Stave... full of snaggers and flossers. I've seen snagged fish landed way down out of sight. There's lots of other rapids / pocket water from Osbourne rd. and up. Most of the upper river is pocket water. You just stand and wait and you'll see what routes through the water the fish swim up. Fish the pockets on either side of the chutes.
I like using #4 Colorado blades to catch fish like these.....

It ain't the roe bro'

Catch44

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2009, 09:49:42 PM »

Wow nice fish dude...well done...Umm..where abouts is the sassy run(if it be told)...and i sure hope my luck changes soon boy...its been rough for me this season..seems everywhere i go..i come up empty..lol..just keep tryin tho....but still love it....

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2009, 10:23:59 PM »

Wow nice fish dude...well done...Umm..where abouts is the sassy run(if it be told)...and i sure hope my luck changes soon boy...its been rough for me this season..seems everywhere i go..i come up empty..lol..just keep tryin tho....but still love it....

sassy is blown out probably for the rest of the ho season :'(

Catch44

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2009, 09:29:49 PM »

River getting slow for coho eh...but should be lots of chummy's there still....and steelhead starting soon

SpringKing#1

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »

LOLOLOL....

Nice fish , got to try that wool combo , I got to get with that program... lol . ::)

Catch44

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2009, 06:13:08 PM »

Wonder hows the fishing going to be this weekend.Hoping to go out sunday and land something..lol...hope the rain wont make the river a mess.