Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Desperate times call for desperate measures! Paint your own lures!!  (Read 2303 times)

Taboo

After losing my second to last pink lure and realizing that Canadian Tires from here to Chilliwack are devoid of anything with pink on them, I decided to break out the trusty can of flourescent paint.

Have no idea if this will work, but they'll be getting the sea trials tomorrow!  

Oh, did manage to score some store bought goodies from Army & Navy "just in case". ;)

noobfisher

Re: Desperate times call for desperate measures! Paint your own lures!!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 03:13:22 PM »

They look good, probably will work just as good if not better :)  I asked the wife if she had any pink nail polish a few weeks back after losing 1/2 dozen lures lol.

Taboo

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »

They look good, probably will work just as good if not better :)  I asked the wife if she had any pink nail polish a few weeks back after losing 1/2 dozen lures lol.

Ahh ya...ahem...tried that last night and didn't like how they turned out.  A little acetone and flourescent pink...MUCH BETTER!

penguinabc123

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 04:23:56 PM »

I had a few older lures whos color was chipping off. So i took off the rest, grabbed my girlfriends nail polish, got a nice pattern on it with a good clear coat afterwards and they look and work pretty well.
maybee the fish that chase them just want a makeover...

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »

Most here understand why I don't target on pinks.  ;)

But for springs (and often coho) I've been painting or "doctoring" my own spoons and plugs for many years now. And, I often find a pattern that cannot be found in any store that is an Absolute Killer (several of these this year) which of course reaffirms my faith in what I am doing!  ;D

Good on Ya for giving it a whirl, and do not be overly surprised should they blow the "store boughts" right out of the water! Literally!  ;D

Cheers,
Nog

brysonk

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »

those will definately work as long as the paint stays on them (clear coat) and you left the one side shiny.

therise

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 07:41:18 PM »

If I have a lure that has worked well, I never mess with it. I have few old coyote spoons that look like hell, but the work better than any new ones.  I usually only bring these babies out when I am having a dry spell

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 07:51:48 PM »

those will definately work as long as the paint stays on them (clear coat) and you left the one side shiny.
Powder coat paint works very well. It is comparable in strength to 2 part epoxy so it lasts much longer.

bluenoser

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 08:22:48 PM »

Your a good sport using a rubber hook as well ...Rodney mentioned using a rubber hook the other day ;D