Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: shuswap river report  (Read 3203 times)

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
shuswap river report
« on: April 06, 2009, 06:03:08 PM »

Due to having no access to fishing report part I will post it here. I hope it is ok?
 I visited Shuswap river yesterday a little bit below Mable lake. Water was pristine and extra low level, but spring time  and warm sunny weather made it for nice activity.Alevins already hatched and rainbows are following them. I even managed to c@r one about4.5lb. I caught large whitefish gorged with them. She regurgitated them big time. No wonder there is such a generous catch limit for them :). Stone flies are getting ready to hatch as well.   This time of the year this little river is deserted, so it is a treat to visit it. still a lot of snow around it, but it will be gone next weekend if this weather keeps up.

fishnjim

Re: shuswap river report
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 07:46:36 PM »

how big do the whitefish get in their?  Good weather this past couple of days....too much more of this will start to blow the rivers out.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:21:19 AM »

how big do the whitefish get in their?  Good weather this past couple of days....too much more of this will start to blow the rivers out.

They are quite big and plentiful when you know where to look for them. There is less rainbow trouts and only occasional bull trouts in harder access water. It is a blast to be there this time of the year.

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 06:53:50 AM »

Thanks for the info I have a place on Adams Lake and will be fishing the Adams in two weeks I suspect it will be much the same.Should be fun in futre will have to give the Shuswap a turn.
Riverman

wagz

• Can"t get enough!!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 08:25:05 PM »

Is the May long weekend too late.. Is the water blown?

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 07:38:30 AM »

Actually river runoff just starts in may. Shuswap river below Mable lk is so clean, even in the beginning of freshet, because it clean itself by going through this lake. On higher water days fish tend to be closer to shore.