Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: South of the border swing?  (Read 2421 times)

mvelasco

South of the border swing?
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:32:24 PM »

Seeing as to how most of the rivers are closed in June I was thinking about taking a trip down to Washington state to possibly swing for some fish. Haven't done it yet and was wondering if anyone had some good or bad experiences.

Iyekim76

• Facebook Mike-SL
Re: South of the border swing?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:15:06 PM »

This weekend is Washington's Free Fishing weekend(July 7/8). I've only tried Terrell Lake so far but will be exploring a couple of lakes and rivers this weekend. Just check regional regs online.

Mike

PS. Pic on my profile is a hatchery trout I landed from Terrell. Lots of big bass lurking around as per a local.
---------------------¿<•}},'-'{]~~~~~~~~~~~~~

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 01:27:15 PM »

You won't be disappointed fishing the south. They have some great rivers and lakes  (No Crowds) along with a more diverse fishery (can you say Musky). They manage their fishery differently, with closed seasons, so get a copy of their regs and study them before you fish. Did I say no tags? That is right, 1 licence, no tags. I have been exploring their waters for the last three years, and I am now a big fan of the Columbia Basin. The fishing is good, but like any fishery there is a learning curve. One more piece of advice, be selective in what you say. I found out the hard way, that if those boys think you know too much, they will become extremely tight lipped.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:03:53 PM by newsman »
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »

I have been looking into it myself.  All sorts of fishing available and CHEAP gas to boot.