Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kuterra brand: land based, closed containment, Atlantic salmon  (Read 2920 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Kuterra brand: land based, closed containment, Atlantic salmon
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »

read that this morning too. Great news by people who want to make a positive in Salmon farming. Should be hearing from netpenbawb et al, chastising the whole affair. With references to his "I hate any other way of fish farming web sites"  like Farmstalesalmon.

But good on Kuterra for taking the high ground. Who would want a mushy antibiotic and pesticide laced fish over what Kuterra is doing. Other than Bawb, Dave, Steve, and Abscon. :o
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 05:07:50 PM »

read that this morning too. Great news by people who want to make a positive in Salmon farming. Should be hearing from netpenbawb et al, chastising the whole affair. With references to his "I hate any other way of fish farming web sites"  like Farmstalesalmon.

But good on Kuterra for taking the high ground. Who would want a mushy antibiotic and pesticide laced fish over what Kuterra is doing. Other than Bawb, Dave, Steve, and Abscon. :o
I thought some that you mentioned above said some time ago this way of doing things was going to fail?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 06:12:16 PM »

I thought some that you mentioned above said some time ago this way of doing things was going to fail?
And one said it tasted fine ;D ...@$3.99 per 100g.  I suggest this particular product is going to take some time to be marketed for a reasonable profit.  I think two years should be enough time to evaluate the viability of Kuterra, then we will see how long the funders want to stay aboard.
Fwiw, I wish cc salmon farming well.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 10:00:36 PM »

Sounds like you need to refresh your memory about what "some that you mentioned above" said and while doing so, bear in mind the obvious fact that the challenge is to make the business profitable. Rearing the fish is the easy part and especially so when you're spending $7 million somebody gave to you to do so. Doing it repeatedly while covering your costs and making a profit is where the problems come in to it and even a starry-eyed cheerleader like you has to acknowledge that hasn't yet been accomplished.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 10:32:56 PM »

Here we go  ::)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 07:43:32 AM »

Sounds like you need to refresh your memory about what "some that you mentioned above" said and while doing so, bear in mind the obvious fact that the challenge is to make the business profitable. Rearing the fish is the easy part and especially so when you're spending $7 million somebody gave to you to do so. Doing it repeatedly while covering your costs and making a profit is where the problems come in to it and even a starry-eyed cheerleader like you has to acknowledge that hasn't yet been accomplished.
Thanks, I have been called a lot in 71 years but a first, being a starry-eyed cheerleader, does that make me a star? ;D ;D ;D

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »

No Chris, it's your television career that made you a star.