Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Facebook just got more interesting today  (Read 12807 times)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: Facebook just got more interesting today
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:43 PM »

I see your buddy has surfaced on bcfishingreports ;D

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2013, 06:42:48 PM »

;)

We rarely ban anyone these days actually. You'd have to push the limit quite a bit to be kicked off.

I tried for years.....lol...
i think this guy ed is waay out of line.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 05:51:24 PM »

this dink is now thinking hes better than anyone who doesnt live in vancouver lol and taking on the fight against anyone who fishes. how come facebook hasnt removed it?

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=436558009749546&id=431653376906676

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »

Don't feed the troll and he will go away

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 09:19:43 PM »

X2. Seems he has no supporters over there. He'd get bored pretty quick all by himself.

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 09:21:59 PM »

Don't feed the troll and he will go away

X3 perma ignore.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 03:03:28 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/pages/fishingwithrodcom-is-a-SCAM/222364461234242?fref=ts&filter=2

An internet troll is like a fly. It's annoying. Sometimes you wave it off a few times and it flies away. Other times, it needs to be smacked.

Every now and then, we get a colourful individual on our discussion forum. Some choose to be abrasive until their welcome wears off. When I ban a participant from the discussion forum, I am well aware of the possible consequences. He or she will either accept it, or let out all the frustration that has been building inside. That's what trolls do, they are unhappy with whatever it is in their life, be it family, work, or just general social challenges, so they come into the world of anonymity and hope to pass their grief to others.

Ed joined the forum many years ago. His posts were never a problem, until he decided to get into these heated debates. He knew exactly how to tick people off when he does not agree with their opinions. Be it racial, political, environmental, he knew where to press the button. He certainly ticked me off so after being quite patient with this individual, it was time to let him go. Some seem to be confused by their presence on our discussion forum. Your participation here is a privilege. Voicing your opinion here is not a right. We pay for the bills, we get to decide who should stay here. It is as simple as that.

Once Ed, or Eddy Chau, was banned, it didn't surprise me to find him attempting to rejoin the forum.

By using the email provided, it was pretty easy to eliminate all anonymity by Facebook these days.

It didn't surprise me to find this on our Facebook page soon after, with a different profile of course. Who wants to be accountable for anything slanderous being posted on the internet?

It's also a good idea to use a slightly different name to cover one's behind, but all trails should be covered.

A little snoop around, anyone who wishes to be successful in his or her career these days shouldn't be too hard to get in touch with.

Our Eddy, is not a contractor as claimed after all, but a real estate agent who seems to have a bit of spare time as the Vancouver market tapers off slightly.

A more recent listing shows his contact information and employer.

http://www.realtor.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?&PropertyId=12728720&PidKey=-1513301064&Mode=0

Somehow, we doubt Eddy is as "opinionated" in real life.

In real life, it is unlikely he would proactively point out that white people are lazy and he is glad that people in China is taking over Vancouver. In real life, it is likely that he would keep his homophobic views to himself. In real life, it is also unlikely that he would publish others' photographs and present them out of context. In real life, it is also unlikely, that he would publicly suggest someone has stolen $20 from him without any proof.

Don't take the comfort of the internet for granted.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:57:22 AM by Rodney »

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 01:16:21 PM »

This is my favourite post on the new facebook page:

noxcape

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »

This guys a tool He went after me today and  Started callin me fat and crap so I reported him and his group to fb today what an ahole rod you need to a lawyer and get him for slander he's a @$&@&$&$$$$

arimaBOATER

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2013, 11:55:10 AM »

Rod & this site FWR has always had 99% good reviews & good things said about him.

When a member gets banned it hurts but if there is a reason then so be it.

The guy is somehow trying to return the hurt I assume.
At this point & time emotions have been vented & best thing is to just drop it & go on.

Rod & I'm sure the other chap just do not need the negative energy.
Life has it's challenges without the negative stuff.

Rod is a new father & also running a popular site like this takes energy.
Best thing the Good Book says in conflict is to let love & forgiveness be the answer.
( know that the Good Lord loves Rod & his family & He loves the other guy too!!!)

Hope for everyone's peace of mind the negative stuff stops.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2013, 11:58:17 AM »

99%??? You're overestimating A, it's more like 90%, possibly lower. ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »

Eyes are the window to the soul & you & Nina always have " sparkling eyes " & easy smiles.

Ok then let me grade ya & FWR with an "A" !!!  ( where did I get that idea? )

Like your fishing vids & how ya always are so positive & glass is always 1/2 full ( not 1/2 empty )
Thinking of the times the guide said that it was a slow day but ya were appreciative for the fish & sights that was caught & seen.
( storms in life pass away & sunny warm weather ahead... all involved in my prayers )

Thumbs up all the way !!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 05:10:14 PM »

Eyes are the window to the soul & you & Nina always have " sparkling eyes " & easy smiles.

Ok then let me grade ya & FWR with an "A" !!!  ( where did I get that idea? )

Like your fishing vids & how ya always are so positive & glass is always 1/2 full ( not 1/2 empty )
Thinking of the times the guide said that it was a slow day but ya were appreciative for the fish & sights that was caught & seen.
( storms in life pass away & sunny warm weather ahead... all involved in my prayers )

Thumbs up all the way !!!

Yes!!!!

The_Other_Gman

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 09:59:29 PM »

I contributed  ;D

Edit:

Seems he did not like my stories of broken rods being a scam, my contribution has been deleted.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:36:35 PM by The_Other_Gman »