Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Facebook just got more interesting today  (Read 12806 times)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
Re: Facebook just got more interesting today
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 07:29:18 PM »

Man i love that photo Rod looks to me like you dont like anything :)

1son

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 07:57:21 PM »

Wow this is madness some people need to chill out ???

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »

I have a lot of respect for Ed's write-ups to defend the Chinese cultural dish of shark-fin soup, but this FB page is way out of line. Sorry to see that. He should not be banned from taking his strong stance on preservering our cultural dish just because it is not politically correct. Perhaps he should be warned first about improper use of words. But no one should be banned for participating in a debate forum unless vulger terms and personal attacks were used even after repeated warnings. Otherwise people will feel intimidated to go against the political correct view taken by the debate forum and the debate will lose its meaning.

is culture more important and valued then the survival of a entire species?

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 10:55:36 PM »

is culture more important and valued then the survival of a entire species?

Obviously  ::) Too bad for them that once the species is gone their cultural dish is gone any ways, but no one thinks logically these days  :-X
Probably would be good to invest in buying 10 or so of these fins for 10 or so years down the road when none or left - talk about $$$

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 12:00:29 AM »

It's not the size of the man but the size of his heart and with Rodney, what you see isn't all you get. I'm sorry to see it come to this and I think it's pretty ridiculous for Ed to post all that on Facebook but hey, it's a free country. As far as the Sharkfin soup dish issue I've never commented on it but I'm a strong believer in culture and preserving a way of life and seeing as this has been discussed to death with other members I'll leave it at that.

I do know that since I've been a member on FWR I've always been treated with respect and cordiality by Rod and the moderator's. In fact I hardly even notice the mod's are there, they do such a good job. I hate when I hear a member has been banned but at the same time I wouldn't want the mod's and Rod's job running the forum and keeping everyone in line. Must be tough at times to be sure.

I hope cooler head's prevail and all the mudslinging stops. Were not politicians and this is a family oriented discussion forum where we should all learn, laugh and love. Well maybe love is a little extreme, how about live. Yeah, Live !!!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 07:35:35 AM »

You need to have the skin of a shark to run a web site. :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

brownmancheng

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 08:05:27 AM »

It's not only his stance on touchy cultural issues. It was the predjudice and racial comments that were prevalent through out his posts. Debate is always welcome. The garbage that came out of his mouth regarding Canadian groups and culture is Better kept to himself.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »

By Posting that FB page, it makes me wonder if he's mentally disturbed and should be left alone?  Shark Fin has no taste and I wouldn't miss it if they ban it.  I love the rest of the soup that surrounds the shark fin.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »

"Hi,

Thanks for your recent report of a potential violation on Facebook. After reviewing your report, we were not able to confirm that the specific page you reported violates Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.

Learn more about what we do and don't allow by reviewing the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards."

LOL!
Nog

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2013, 04:11:04 PM »

"Hi,

Thanks for your recent report of a potential violation on Facebook. After reviewing your report, we were not able to confirm that the specific page you reported violates Facebook's Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.

Learn more about what we do and don't allow by reviewing the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards."

LOL!
Nog

I got the same reply.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »

It's not the size of the man but the size of his heart and with Rodney

What are you saying A? Am I really that small??? ;D

FYI, this individual seems to be proactive on telling the interweb that he has been banned yet we have taken his subscription money. He has never been a paid subscriber... If he has subscribed, then it expired long ago already because he certainly is not in our current database list. He's welcome to contact me and have the rest of his subscription refunded by showing me a receipt.

The closest he has come to subscribing is asking about it because he couldn't pay online due to being banned by PayPal.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=22088.0

This refundable policy does not apply to fish assassin if you are reading this BTW, I've already used your money to buy AYCE sushi long ago... ;)

It's an easy way for anyone to attack this website without any accountability. I guess if you want to be as popular as The Bieb, you gotta earn a few crazies to follow you around. :-\ ;D

brownmancheng sums it up nicely why he was banned. When you push it far enough in this community, it is time for you to go.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 12:03:42 AM »

This refundable policy does not apply to fish assassin if you are reading this BTW, I've already used your money to buy AYCE sushi long ago... ;)

Gosh darn. I can take a hint Rodney. I owe you a sushi dinner. We'll meet up after fishing for pinks this fall.

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 03:11:52 PM »

All this over shark fins soup??? Plenty of things to eat out there and to stop consuming shark's fin in order to save the species, I am all for it.

Who give a damn about cultures or traditions!!!!!

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 04:35:32 PM »

FYI, this individual seems to be proactive on telling the interweb that he has been banned yet we have taken his subscription money. He has never been a paid subscriber... If he has subscribed, then it expired long ago already because he certainly is not in our current database list. He's welcome to contact me and have the rest of his subscription refunded by showing me a receipt.

The closest he has come to subscribing is asking about it because he couldn't pay online due to being banned by PayPal.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=22088.0

It's an easy way for anyone to attack this website without any accountability. I guess if you want to be as popular as The Bieb, you gotta earn a few crazies to follow you around. :-\ ;D

brownmancheng sums it up nicely why he was banned. When you push it far enough in this community, it is time for you to go.

If youre not making enemies, you arent getting enough traffic.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »

That was meant as a compliment Rod, you know that and I did see the smiley face. Hell, I'm not much bigger than you at only 5 ft. 8 inches tall and soaking wet at 170 lbs. And in reference to the brownmancheng saying I would add, just like the old Kung Fu TV show :
When you can take the pebble from my hand Grasshopper, it will be time for you to leave, tee heee.  :D ;) :D