Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Facebook just got more interesting today  (Read 12813 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Facebook just got more interesting today
« on: January 14, 2013, 12:59:04 PM »

If you have been following the colourful sharkfin soup discussion, you would have noticed that we've recently removed a bug. ;) Whenever we ban someone, I am well aware of the possibility of consequences, so this one isn't so surprising. Please support his cause because any Facbeook page deserves more than one fan. ;D

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fishing-with-Rod-is-a-SCAM/431653376906676?ref=stream

I currently have a team of lawyers who are putting together a strategy to dispute the fact that I am small. Testimonials from Nina will be available shortly.

This is the individual behind the page BTW.

http://www.facebook.com/eddy.chau
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:08:02 PM by Rodney »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Facebook just got more interesting today
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »

Sounds like the bug is a little bitter. :D

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »

I don't agree with banning Ed from the forum just because he has a different opinion, or is annoying.
But there may be more to it that I know, so I'll just shut up.

But this is page is BS, I reported it and if a few more people report it, FB will probably take it down.

If you are making enemies you must be doing something right  ;)

Pin-nook

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:51:13 PM »

Ouch....weird thing is that he has friends that are friends of mine but I do not know this guy! I may not agree with some of the things that are allowed and not allowed on this site but for the most part you Rod have been really fair!

Why was he banned? That may show how pathetic this guy is!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 01:53:06 PM »

I don't agree with banning Ed from the forum just because he has a different opinion, or is annoying.
But there may be more to it that I know, so I'll just shut up.

But this is page is BS, I reported it and if a few more people report it, FB will probably take it down.

If you are making enemies you must be doing something right  ;)

It's not so much that he has a different opinion. The guy actually has some valid views, and has been on the forum since 2004, but in the past couple of years, he has chosen to use his privileges by going against everyone else's opinion on every topic just so he could get a rise out of people. I was waiting for him to stop, but he kind of just ran out of time... ;)

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »

Seems like hes got alot of spare time . Im sure he'll feel sorry in the future , its a bad mistake

StillAqua

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »

I thought you showed the patience of Confucius Rod.........oops...sorry...that may be racial stereotyping....didn't mean to step on Ed's domain. ;)

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 03:53:49 PM »

Finally, someone that has the courage to step forward and end the tyranny that we have endured these long years! ;)

Idle no more! Silent no more! SCAM no more!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 03:59:44 PM »

his comments about Denmark and Rod's physicality is derogatory....everyone on this forum should report him as I did.

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 05:27:38 PM »

Doing stuff like that is so childish. Rodney he is lucky you are a very patient man, nuff said.

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »

I would hope that the vast majority wouldn't even give him 2 seconds of their time, as the page is a complete joke.  It would be akin to a 12 year old posting that Santa is a fraud and should be avoided.  I mean really?  

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »

I have a lot of respect for Ed's write-ups to defend the Chinese cultural dish of shark-fin soup, but this FB page is way out of line. Sorry to see that. He should not be banned from taking his strong stance on preservering our cultural dish just because it is not politically correct. Perhaps he should be warned first about improper use of words. But no one should be banned for participating in a debate forum unless vulger terms and personal attacks were used even after repeated warnings. Otherwise people will feel intimidated to go against the political correct view taken by the debate forum and the debate will lose its meaning.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:30:50 PM by liketofish »

salmonlover

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 06:27:52 PM »

everyone dont get out line with rodney...hes part of the fish Illuminati. enough said

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »

Yep, no one's banned for expressing their opinions. That's why you haven't been banned liketofish. ;)

We rarely ban anyone these days actually. You'd have to push the limit quite a bit to be kicked off.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:39:31 PM by Rodney »

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 06:39:30 PM »

I have a lot of respect for Ed's write-ups to defend the Chinese cultural dish of shark-fin soup, but this FB page is way out of line. Sorry to see that. He should not be banned from taking his strong stance on preservering our cultural dish just because it is not politically correct. Perhaps he should be warned first about improper use of words. But no one should be banned for participating in a debate forum unless vulger terms and personal attacks were used even after repeated warnings. Otherwise people will feel intimidated to go against the political correct view taken by the debate forum and the debate will lose its meaning.
Lets take a machete, chop a dozen dogs noses off, then toss them back into the streets or park, where ever we found the dogs, make a casserole with said noses, and then you tell me its "politically incorrect" and not straight up wrong. Politically incorrect terms, jokes, and ideas dont cause suffering and wasted lives. I agree with what you are saying, in essence. But the words you are using are not accepting the responsibility of the actions and consequences they cause.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!