Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: road conditions????  (Read 12718 times)

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
Re: road conditions????
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2009, 05:56:18 PM »

young gun, you are a know-it-all so you should know the earth is in a cooling trend right now....

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2009, 08:28:29 PM »

Lots of snow starting to accumulate again and I just cleaned off the driveway as it is easier than letting it build up.The roads will not be that great tomorrow and access to the river may be a little tricky. I would say we have another 6 inches since it started this afternoon.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2009, 08:32:26 PM »

Ever notice that in the summer time, all the talk in the media is about global warming.  In the winter, they call it climate change and that can mean just about anything including global cooling.  Funnier yet, about 25 years ago the world was on a verge of another ice age.  And that was from the "experts" like David Suzuki.

Oh well, weather man got it wrong again as it's still snowing and I'm in the False Creek area.  Hoping for some rain but we'll see.....
President Club S. C. & P.

brood dude

• i do it with both hands!
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2009, 08:46:14 PM »

young gun, you are a know-it-all so you should know the earth is in a cooling trend right now....

ha ha that's awesome
girls suck throw rocks at them!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2009, 09:08:08 PM »

Ever notice that in the summer time, all the talk in the media is about global warming.  In the winter, they call it climate change and that can mean just about anything including global cooling.  Funnier yet, about 25 years ago the world was on a verge of another ice age.  And that was from the "experts" like David Suzuki.

Oh well, weather man got it wrong again as it's still snowing and I'm in the False Creek area.  Hoping for some rain but we'll see.....

We are not the central of the universe here in the lower portion of the province. Did you happen to notice that all of the eastern provinces last week were all above freezing? They are  getting colder now but during Christmas we were colder than they were and had way more snow.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2009, 09:37:06 PM »

Ben not funny, dont laugh. And jim from the things i've been hearing, i'm alot more tame about my knowledge that wat u seem to be!
Fish killer 101

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2009, 10:02:33 PM »

In Vancouver tonight, from what I can see out my window, I would not recommend travelling out to the Vedder. Rain has now turned to snow, and the road conditions are down right ugly.  Looks like old man winter is going to be hanging around for a few more days.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2009, 10:22:33 PM »

Ben not funny, dont laugh. And jim from the things i've been hearing, i'm alot more tame about my knowledge that wat u seem to be!

To be fair he has several years the experience you do. He was probably fishing before your parents even thought about conceiving you....

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

dss

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2009, 06:58:44 AM »

Over a foot of snow last night in Chilliwack. Haven't been out yet but I wouldn't make the trip out unless your confident you can handle it.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2009, 08:23:22 AM »

Well I guess we got enough snow to close the schools here in Maple Ridge.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2009, 10:58:16 AM »

Driveway shoveled for the 6th time this Winter. We had about a foot from this last storm but now we have rain and the melt is underway. The downside will be that the river will most likely go out in the next 24 hours or sooner.

The upside is, Spring is just around the corner, isn't it?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »

The upside is, Spring is just around the corner, isn't it?

In two weeks, when my plane touches down at YVR. ;D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2009, 12:26:10 PM »

i hope the river is back into shape by the 26th! other than that, only mother nature knows. That and the genious controlling global warming!

After all these snow in Vancouver, we should have reason to think 'global cooling' is on the way too.  ;D

Years ago, when the earth was 'cooler', didn't some of the local ski places go into receivership when they were hit with 2 years without snow. What has happened to Vancouver?  We should be ready for Hawaii like weather in a few decades, isn't it?   ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 12:33:44 PM by Steelhawk »

Buck_wife

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2009, 09:01:48 PM »

In two weeks, when my plane touches down at YVR

HA! IF your plane CAN touch down....  ;) :P