Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: River Fishing Northern BC  (Read 13520 times)

Driller

• Keeping it real.
Re: River Fishing Northern BC
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »

Left Terrace today.  Stopped at 4 or 5 creek mouths along the skeena on the way back to Smithers.  No good spots were found.  I'm traveling with a young guy from quebec and upstream  from the copper river which is not far from terrace you need a steelhead tag after July 24.  No problem for  me as I have a loaded license, but my co pilot is young, and telling him he has to spend huge cash to have a salmon tag steelhead, classified waters etc. is a bit of a stretch.  So, had we stopped to fish, he would not have been allowed to get his line wet anyway.

Bottom line.  Ferry island in Smithers, lots of fishable water, with many sockeye being hooked.  Great place to stop if you are into bottom bouncing. 

I really enjoyed the Kitimat river.  Many fish in the system ready to take the fly!  I really can't wait to go back. 

We did visit Stewart Bc and then over to Hyder.  The glacier up the hill from Hyder is mind blowing!  There was one grizzly at the fish creek site.

Back home, to catch some sturgeon and salmonoids!
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.