Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fight The HST!  (Read 145270 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: Fight The HST!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »

Once again so well put.
Nog your words are wise & spoken from the heart.
(You speak true words not like Gordo with his FORK TONGUE)

Had a person who visited us a few times but this lady had a very very bad lying habit. When she'd talk 50% of what she said was  a pack of lies !!!  She say things like "I was in California last week"  We caught her as the day before she had a dif. story what she did  the wk. before .
That's the trouble with liars as they have to lie to cover their lies...& they lie so much they forget what story they told whatever to...

I basically told the lady ...what is the value of being friends as you make an *** out of us & yourself.
Really just do not have the time to be close friends with a person who lies so much.  Waste of time.

But a leader of a province says "I will not do this & that or says I will not sell that & that etc..." Then turns around & does it !!!!

I can understand if he calls the media to cover his special flip flop & the reasons why.... & explain himself. But no he just goes on his merry way..... Plus as mentioned he wanted to be in the world limelight with this Olympics but didn't give a hoot about ALL THE INCREASED TAXATION to us taxpayers.... Spend & put the bill on the tab.....ok folks we need your EXTRA MONEY ...Pay Up In The Name Of The Gov. Of BC. Period.

No wonder many are turning to crime...as their normal job after taxation they would be in the lower middle class.....or worse.

Yes many who turn to crime or lie about this or that or who pay under the table etc... are because of the result of Gordo & co way of doing things . Draining the average joe blows income via his increases...
I've seen many a family who rents a 2 bedrm apt...2-3 kids...&  the man working 2 full time jobs...(both low paying) just to get by.

Are there any honest political people anymore?????????
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 08:45:10 PM by arimaBOATER »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 06:48:29 PM »

Hey Nog,

I can tell you are passionate about what you believe! Well written.

Unfortunately I still have the nightmares when I remember what the NDP did when they governed here in BC. I lived in Ontario when the NDP under Bob Rae ruled the roost there as well. It was the same story,they drove out business by taxing them heavily and made it easier for Unions to also drive out the very businesses that created the jobs and the wealth.

While I don't agree with everything "Gordo" is doing, I fear the alternative....

Let's agree to disagree on this one.  :)
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bcguy

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 11:07:14 PM »

Well I can hold my head high knowing I did not vote to re-elect the liberals, the of the sheep in this province will just accept what the govt says and not be able to thnk for themselves. If there is less money, I have an idea, cut services, reduce overhead, work within your means. Thats where we come into play, if we dont have the money...we dont have the money, I will for one be out in Apr. What I am waiting for a is a govt that does whats best for us and the province, a little more nationalistic, and not selling the provinces assets for short term gain. I dont want to see big business interest take precident over us, nor am I interested in big labour sucking us dry either (I work for a living)
I for one will be signing this petition
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 11:09:47 PM by bcguy »
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

Morty

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »

So where is it that this HST money is going to go that you're so upset about it?
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 07:04:35 PM »

Not so much as where the $$$$ is going but the fact that it's a tax on top of another tax.

Morty

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 07:23:31 PM »

How is it a tax on top of another tax?

There will be no more 7% PST
There will be no more 5% GST.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 07:28:49 PM »

How is it a tax on top of another tax?

There will be no more 7% PST
There will be no more 5% GST.

The HST will be applied to certain items that were tax exempt. Example school supplies, dinners

Morty

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 07:42:08 PM »

That's not a tax on a tax.    That's tax on additional stuff.

In fairness though, the taxes along the way from factory to consumer will be eliminated.  That will make the price from factory through to retailer lower.  If our free enterprise system responds, and it usually does, the retailers who want to gain business will lower their prices to attract us to THEIR stores.  In effect the "retail prices should be lower before the combined PST&GST is added.

I'm not a proponent of the new tax but willing to learn what all the commotion is about changing and streamlining the process.

Back to my question  "Where is the money going" that people are upset about this?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 08:56:13 PM »

Back to my question  "Where is the money going" that people are upset about this?
It is going to help pay to keep the deficit from being more than it would be without it and to pay interest on the Provincial debt. In the long run it along with the 1.6 billion from the Federal Government over 3 years just will go into general revenue to make up for the lower income taxes the present government kept boasting about.

Most likely we have and will be paying more now even with our reduced income taxes with the HST and charges the government has announced after the election. The latest I heard today was additional camping fees. With all the government staffing cutbacks of late we will have less services for more money.

I know we have to pay for all the services including health care that we want to have but what upsets people is the government was not up front before the election about the HST as they said anything they could to mislead the voter just to get elected.

One final remark, we have all enjoyed the Olympics and Paralympics but the cost may have been too high in the long run as we will pay higher taxes and face cutbacks in services because of it.  I guess that is hindsight now but we all will be paying hundreds of dollars in extra charges to help pay for it for a few years.

I guess it is up to each individual if they mind paying for the 3 week party.

Morty

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »

Thanks Chris - clear mind and level head as always.

So, the root of the uprising here is that some voters believe that at least some Liberals avoided the truth in order to get re-elected.  If so, then lets not copy that.  Lets not rally under a cause named HST when if fact we're P.O.'d about the real HST agenda being hidden from us.  Let's rally around a banner of honesty.

Thinking through the actual cash flow issues related to HST - the money is not going into Gordo's bank account.  The money is not going to be accumulating is some government valut in Victoria.   It's going to be paid right out to people working in BC who are providing: health, and safety, and education, and recreation services to us.  They in turn will likely spend that money in their local economies and keep the wheels turning in our province.

Our tax money does not get buried in a hole someplace nor shot out into space to be lost forever.  It keeps circulating.  (and considering we have a deficit, it's circulating out faster than it's coming in)

I think that each of us is expecting more from our society today that it can afford to give us.  We each have our special interest, but can we afford ALL these things?
  *  Do we really NEED planted gardens with automated sprinkler systems in the middle of our roads?  "We" somehow managed without those for several thousand years.
  *  Do schools really NEED nice cork bulletin boards in our schools that are then covered with coloured paper, then again trimmed with yet another layer of coloured boarder to display our children's artwork?  Many generations before did without those and actually learned how to spell, do math, and write a coherent sentence.

I could go on, but methinks ya gots da point.
RR

(p.s. I notice that the spell checker on this BB doesn't recognise the Canadian spelling of coloured with a "u")

Brian

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 05:44:59 PM »

They always criticize how badly the NDP managed the Province's finances in the 1990's but our debt has risen every year since the Liberals have been elected.

Besides they have not in my mind done much to help our salmon, steelhead stocks and the environment the last while but have done the opposite with their expansion of fish farms, run of the river projects etc.

Time for a change to see if another party can do better, at least they can do no worse in my mind.

QFT

Quoted
For
Truth

Thanks Chris

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 07:52:06 PM »

Here is a list of what we could be paying the HST on unless it is stopped

http://www.fighthst.com/wp-content/uploads/HST-List.pdf

Morty

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 10:21:16 PM »

Thanks for the research Chris,  I haven't seen a list like that before.

The tax guys definitely need to revise their "taxable" list
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 06:46:00 PM by Morty »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 11:02:39 PM »

Yes you can see that it is going to cost many of us a good sum of money when you put 12 % on things we will purchase that are on this list. I saw Campbell on Shaw this evening and he said how excited business is about this and how it is going to help get us out of debt by bringing more companies to invest in British Columbia. He said it will make us more competitive somehow in the world economy.
 I have not figured all this reasoning out yet. Of course I am just a middle class guy that will be the one doing most the paying along with Joe public.

PS I guess Rodney will now have to collect HST on subscriptions too. Better sign up before July 1. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 11:04:24 PM by chris gadsden »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 08:00:09 AM »

Yes you can see that it is going to cost many of us a good sum of money when you put 12 % on things we will purchase that are on this list.

Chris, the list itself says that the items will be subject to 7% extra tax, but now you have now stated that everything will cost 12% more........

Now I've been around long enough that I know if I read something on the internet it must be true.....  ;D       

....... but aren't we stretching the truth just a bit?
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[