Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canucks!  (Read 5406 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Canucks!
« on: October 10, 2007, 06:58:38 PM »

So what do you guys think so far? Im likein the team lots this year. Fairly similar to last year but if morrison and nazzy have a good year we can do some damage!

Now the leafs in the other hand?? What is happening to them :-\ :-\ :-X Sad to see ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Canucks!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:47:13 PM »

I think it's too early just yet to grade them. Four games into the regular season and the Leaf Nation is already restless. Apparently John Ferguson is once again on the hot seat.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 08:37:18 PM »

After that first period tonight you may want to rethink your evaluation.  If I hadn't seen the orca on the front of their sweaters I'd swear I was watching the Leafs getting blown out again. Hopefully Lu doesn't get pulled in anymore games this year. :(

Except for Shanny getting a nice PP goal they sure stunk the joint out.....hopefully the coach gave them what for and they can come out and win the next two periods.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:47:29 PM »

Maybe Philly will get more than 7 goals what will the excuse be?

Serves you right for getting down on us last night. You just delivered a curse on the team from Vancouver. ;D ;D

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 09:15:59 PM »

You must be enjoying yourself tonight, Chris!  What's that saying?  He who laughs last....

Man, that period was equally as painful as the first....STOP the bleeding!!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 09:31:23 PM »

You must be enjoying yourself tonight, Chris!  What's that saying?  He who laughs last....

Man, that period was equally as painful as the first....STOP the bleeding!!

Yep,7 already with a period to go. ;D ;D ;D
Big Steel, thickrick and good old FA will be eating their words of last night now. ;D ;D

Rolling, rolling, rolling right along into the sunset. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 09:33:02 PM »

So what do you guys think so far? Im likein the team lots this year. Fairly similar to last year but if morrison and nazzy have a good year we can do some damage!

Now the leafs in the other hand?? What is happening to them :-\ :-\ :-X Sad to see ;D
I think you are a lot sadder tonight. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 09:49:06 PM »

I'm happy that Chris is still upbeat after last night's thrashing. ;D It's obvious that it's poor refereeing tonight. ;D ;D As one immortal Leaf fan said "One game does not a season make " ;)

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 11:29:10 PM »

At least I have a consolation prize.  My wife won the 80 gB PS3 video game system from the 1st intermission.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 05:19:17 AM »

8-2, 8-2, 8-2, this will be a score to remember for a while, ;D ;D a sad day in a number of this forums member's homes this morning. ;D ;D

Cheer up fellows its only a game but it will make my day more enjoyable on the river today. ;D ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 06:40:52 AM »

gee...seems to me there was a ton of Leaf bashin' goin' on the other night...now its like the dead zone...hehehe....Luongo will lead this team...into the cellar...wow...what a thumping...you guys sure you wanna stay in the NHL...mebbe figure-skating would allow your true skills to shine thru...just a thought... :D :D :D :D

mojo shoe is on the other foot this morn... ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 11:03:55 AM »

gee...seems to me there was a ton of Leaf bashin' goin' on the other night...now its like the dead zone...hehehe....Luongo will lead this team...into the cellar...wow...what a thumping...you guys sure you wanna stay in the NHL...mebbe figure-skating would allow your true skills to shine thru...just a thought... :D :D :D :D

mojo shoe is on the other foot this morn... ;D
;D ;D ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »

Just an overall bad game ;D Im sure we wont have a repeat like that next game!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 03:56:03 PM »

Would you rather have Raycroft / Toskala or Roberto Luongo ?

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 12:42:09 PM »

I have to say that at this point from what I have seen the Nuck's need to make a few trades, I was very surprised to see the team come back looking alot like last year team even though everyone admits they needed more scoring and more toughness, if you look at any team in the NHL they all have legitimate snipers on their teams, Canucks have none of these, look at the Philly team that showed up here , they have at least 3 of the top twenty players in the league on their team !! Canucks have a great core group of players but they need to get rid of Nazzy and Morrison and bring in some scoring and speed !! I am sure they will grind out their share of wins this year just like last but until they bring in a few top players they are not going to go anywhere in the Playoff's  :(
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!