Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River meeting by all three sectors  (Read 18174 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Fraser River meeting by all three sectors
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 01:32:28 PM »

No worries Matt. Many affected in the salt sector are my clients too so my business is also impacted by these decisions.

The previous posts are more about those who choose not to fight and expect others to do it for them so they can go fishing.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 01:34:52 PM »

Matt, I wasn't suggesting you and those who have been financially affected feel entitled. This discussion is on the Fraser River and the issues surrounding it only.

Well I think the problem now is those "Fraser river issues" are now effective this whole coast.  Maybe it's a good think and will bring groups together that felt like they previously unaffected by the problems on the Fraser River.

When people in Port Hardy are loosing their jobs over concerns with the Fraser River stocks its a pretty broad problem.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 01:37:44 PM »

Oh there's no doubt that the saltwater sector will need to work with the Fraser groups to get back on the waters. We've said that for many years so it's a good thing that it will finally happen, just not in the best circumstances.

Robert_G

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »

Well obviously that's not the concept lol... My personal opinions are tongue and cheek toward those who still feel entitled to fish while stocks are in serious troubles.

There's a lot being discussed at these meetings. I recommend all to get updated by your organizations. If you don't belong to one, join one.

You're painting a picture of me that doesn't exist.
I'm not asking to be allowed to harvest fish that are nearing extinction. I'm saying that its completely unfair that one group continues to harvest fish to extinction while the rest of us are told we can't fish because the salmon are on the brink of extinction. Either we all fish or we all don't fish. I'm tired of the discrimination and racist decisions.

As for the meetings.....you said they aren't to get us on the water...and then you said you don't want to waste time helping me get on the water because I don't care about the meetings....which is it?

Fact is, I've been doing this longer than you. I went to the meetings back in the 90s.....and after about 5 years of giving my support....I learned that only an idiot would ever think the sporty is going come out of this smelling like a rose. You may as well go to Mongolia and try to save the last 20 Gobi Bears from poachers. That's what the odds are of your meetings accomplishing anything. The natives have been out this spring fishing for Chinook on the Fraser.....are you kidding me???? And you think you have a chance to change the minds of the morons who make these decisions.??? What are you smoking? A person would have to be blind to think these same people are listening to you....News flash...You're getting lip service at these meetings.....just like we got back in the 90s.

If these meetings are going to take place...I'd rather see a motion go to the supreme court to have conservation laws changed to something like if conservation comes into effect....that if one group can't fish, then NOBODY fishes(zero tolerance)....(contrary to you thinking I want to harvest endangered chinook....which I have never once said)

And before anyone gives me the 'they have the right to fish first BS', that law doesn't count for anything when the salmon are on the brink of extinction. There is NO law that says First Nations can harvest a stock of salmon into extinction.

Robert_G

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »

Oh there's no doubt that the saltwater sector will need to work with the Fraser groups to get back on the waters. We've said that for many years so it's a good thing that it will finally happen, just not in the best circumstances.

And that's another part of the problem....back in the 90s none of the groups would work together.
Back then if we would have worked together.....we would have been pouring beer cups of water onto a campfire......would have been a bit easier.
Now we're trying to spit on a forest fire.....done as dinner...

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 07:11:50 PM »

I can only base my opinion of you on what I've read here, so you're only painting how you want yourself to be.

Five years? I've spent the last 15 years, must be an idiot then. ;D

You've already given up, so not sure why you keep complaining and talking down other people's effort. It's no longer your problem anymore.

It's always the other people's fault, right? :)

Robert_G

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2019, 07:17:39 PM »

I can only base my opinion of you on what I've read here, so you're only painting how you want yourself to be.

Five years? I've spent the last 15 years, must be an idiot then. ;D

You've already given up, so not sure why you keep complaining and talking down other people's effort. It's no longer your problem anymore.

It's always the other people's fault, right? :)

Its not that I want to give up....its just painful watching people put bandages on something that is dying from internal bleeding.
Every year you guys try to put a bandage on here and there...meanwhile you don't see the internal bleeding by the gallon.
Stop the half measures and do it right.....or don't do it all.
Or in the idea of comment sense....."stop the racism and discrimination from the powers that be, and then you might just have a chance". Until then....you will never win....in fact, you will never get anything.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2019, 07:23:04 PM »

If you think you know how to do it right, do it yourself.

Robert_G

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2019, 07:27:14 PM »

If you think you know how to do it right, do it yourself.

Really??? That's a grade 3 reply.
I don't have the resources to do it, but any man who understands the basics of human behavior knows that you can't negotiate fairly where racism and discrimination take place. If you don't understand that simple concept, then I'm done with you on this subject.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2019, 07:31:14 PM »

Grade 3 reply? lol... Actually even my 6 year old would understand this too. Stop complaining and telling others how things should be done. If I want something done right, I'll do it myself, otherwise I'd keep my mouth shut and stop wasting my own and other people's time. Everyone has the resource to make a difference, quit making lame excuses. You're not providing constructive feedbacks, you're just bitching about the other group like you've done for years on here.

I'm done with you on this subject.

Good, but somehow I doubt you are.

Robert_G

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2019, 07:37:48 PM »

Good, but somehow I doubt you are.

I said I'm done if you don't understand the simple concept I presented. Since you so opening admitted you don't understand that simple concept, then yes....I am done on this topic.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2019, 07:50:16 PM »

I haven't even talked about the validity of your concept, not interested in someone's idea when the delivery is poorly executed with no respect given to other parties.

Robert_G

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2019, 08:05:33 PM »

when the delivery is poorly executed with no respect given to other parties.

Racism and discrimination are what they are. If a person or group is racist or discriminatory, then they do NOT get my respect.
The year is 2019, and if we can't start treating Canadians as Canadians...then everything is a lost hope. Why do you struggle with that concept?

Or since you say my delivery is so poor, why don't you educate me how I should have delivered.
At the end of the day....if a person or group is going to discriminate against me, then I'm going to be on the defensive. I'm not a doormat....are you?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 08:06:09 PM »

I thought you're done? lol

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2019, 09:11:49 PM »

Or since you say my delivery is so poor, why don't you educate me how I should have delivered.
Since you asked...

For starters, perhaps by not saying this "What are you smoking?" or this "That's a grade 3 reply" or this "If you don't understand that simple concept, then I'm done with you on this subject." or this "Why do you struggle with that concept?" or this from a couple of days  ago "...needs to go back to grade school"

When people have a different perspective and opinion than yours, they aren't stoned, they aren't poorly educated, that don't mis-understand, they just see the world differently.

Instead, you could discuss ideas, and agree to see the world  differently, and refrain from making comments similar to those above.

And I only jump in here because you asked to be educated.