Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I post Weekly fishing Wrap-up's for the months January, February? More than one pick!

Yes, You should post reports Every 7 days January-February
- 32 (57.1%)
No, Don't post reports everyone should find out themselves if there are steelhead
- 15 (26.8%)
ONLY POST REPORTS IF YOU CATCH FISH!!!
- 9 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Voting closed: January 11, 2016, 08:43:17 PM

Author Topic: Weekly Fishing Wrap-Up Yay Or Nay ----Vedder River  (Read 5419 times)

CohoMan

• Old Timer
Re: Weekly Fishing Wrap-Up Yay Or Nay ----Vedder River
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »

Was tough fishing today in the extreme cold.

Nothing for me. I saw a fish jumped at the tailend and at the same time I had a bird's nest on the pin.

So I told my buddy to quickly cast in. He thought I was joking but on his first cast with a roe bag........BAM!!!

A 10lb hatchery doe.

yoda

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 12:09:40 PM »

It is people like Kyle, that take the time to post pictures and do write-ups that help make FWR the popular fishing web site it is. It certainly beats reading about Fish Farms and how great the Leafs are. ;D ;D

I guess you might change your tune about the leafs if Steve Stamcos somehow manages to make it there, Heck, I might even have to catch
a few games if that happens!

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 01:56:17 PM »

It is people like Kyle, that take the time to post pictures and do write-ups that help make FWR the popular fishing web site it is. It certainly beats reading about Fish Farms and how great the Leafs are. ;D ;D

Keep up the good work Kyle, fish when ever you can now, for one day you will be working full time, a family to support and become old like some of us that find it hard to get to the river, especially when it is cold like it has been.

Thanks Chris means a lot!!
Hopefully I can get a FullTime job doing what I love to do  ::)

mykiss

• Canadian Aquatics
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »

Thanks Kyle, it's nice to hear how the river is doing even if you don't catch fish. Please post.

It gives a few of us the ability to day dream with the photos you've included....  Keep up the good work and thanks again for posting.
Here fishy fishy......

www.canadianaquatics.com

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »

Keep up the good work Kyle, fish when ever you can now, for one day you will be working full time, a family to support and become old like some of us that find it hard to get to the river, especially when it is cold like it has been.

I resent the old comment Chris. Vintage has a much nicer ring to it. ;D However, at 28 my eldest son has decided to embrace river fishing and we both enjoy the time together. To impart my limited knowledge is rewarding as well. Carry on Kyle, sharing some experiences and reports is a great idea. And I thoroughly dislike you for having the ability to fish your heart out. ;)
http://

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 07:30:36 PM »

for those out of town anglers that havent been upriver in a while there is snow up there. coldest its been has been around -4. water is ice cold but very clear. plenty of anglers fishing around here and there.

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 08:42:13 PM »

coldest its been is -4. Sorry but not true. Like i said i got out everyday. Its been -8 on most mornings and the wind just makes it colder.