Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weaver Lake, May 4th 2012  (Read 1367 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Weaver Lake, May 4th 2012
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:02:08 PM »

Nick, Gwyn and I headed to Weaver Lake on the North side of the Fraser River today. It was a cool day with frequent rain showers.  I asked Nick to talk about this fishery as he fishes. Here is three clips of the day, remember my videos are unedited so you may see the odd bloopers along with some poor camera work. :-[

Clip 1 Nick explains how to fish this lake at this time of year. The other two clips you will see some of the fishing action. For anyone that may ask the Lake has a 10 horse powerer motor limit but Nick uses an electric motor beside the bigger motor.

http://youtu.be/Bv8yDCVTx1E

http://youtu.be/TOTfhMO-K10

http://youtu.be/l0bODdBi050

kid fisherman

Re: Weaver Lake, May 4th 2012
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »

Nice video Chris, lots of good info. I just have one question, is there much shore access on that lake?

Thanks for the help!

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »

Not the greatest for shore fishing because of all the logs usually. There is a trail that goes around but only a few decent spots along the way.
I noticed earlier this year there is a new dock they built but I think you have to take the last right before you enter the campground. (not sure on that one) Also the dock at the launch which can be the worst spot for logs sometimes.
Wood lake is nice for shore fishing up that way 18 k up the main fsr. It's quite a bit smaller then weaver but the fishing can be just as good.
I guess I should mention there is no fishing at weaver from the outflow at the bridge to the log boom, even though it's the best looking shore spot. You can see the fish when you stand on the bridge taunting you.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 01:02:51 PM »

Nice video Chris, lots of good info. I just have one question, is there much shore access on that lake?

Thanks for the help!
Saw them taking fish from the docks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »

We just had some of the fish we retained from yesterday's fishing trip for supper this evening and were very tasty. The only thing that would have been better would be cooking them over a fire while camping at Weaver. I can hear them sizzling in a frying pan and smelling the aroma now over that open fire, can't you. ;D ;D ;D

kid fisherman

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 04:34:41 PM »

Thanks for the info guys!

JAwrey

• 'Head Hunter
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »

Excuse my noob-etry, but where is weaver?  Google shows me a lake in ontario(!?)
- John A.