Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weaver Lake, April 28th 2012  (Read 1525 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Weaver Lake, April 28th 2012
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »

We gave Weaver Lake a go yesterday afternoon since the weather was supposed to be the best of the entire week. After reading about Chris and Nick's trip to it a few years ago, I've always wanted to check it out. The drive up to it from Highway 7 was already an adventure itself. ;D

That's a really pretty lake, which seems like a great spot for camping. We started the day very late, the boat was in the water at 2:00pm. By the time we finished at 7:30pm, most people had already gone home so we had the whole lake to ourselves. The fishing was pretty awesome, with plenty of trout caught but they were not too big. The smallest was probably 8 inches long while the largest was perhaps 14 to 16 inches long. The choice of weapon was float fishing with bait this time, as we wanted to try out all these Pautzke Balls O' Fire single eggs that we got awhile ago. We just threaded one or two eggs onto a size 6 hook at a time, fished it under the biggest DNE fly fishing strike indicator that we could find. At times the float was already down as soon as it landed in the water because there were so many biters. ;D

777fishing

Re: Weaver Lake, April 28th 2012
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 11:31:12 AM »

Hey Rodney, just wanted to know how the road was this year?  I know a few years back we needed a truck to get in to it.  Thanks

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 04:01:54 PM »

I have an all wheel drive so it wasn't an issue for me. Pretty muddy and slick at places, but wasn't too bad IMO.

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 07:28:25 PM »

Nice fish Rod & Nina!  A number of years ago I drove up there in a 1991 Honda Civic hatchback loaded down with a 16 foot canoe on the roof - pretty dumb idea, but i didn't know any better; and i don't recommend anyone trying to do that.  I would say it can be a fairly sketchy road at times and if you have 4X4 or at least all wheel drive (and you don't drive like an idiot) you should be fine.  Worth the trip for sure.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:05 PM »

we used to camp and fish that lake 20yrs ago when you could still catch fish to 4-5lbs. now your lucky to get anything over 16"  :'(  very sad and since it became gated and all the other issues we havent been back not even once. there are other lakes nearby that fish better anyways  ;)

nice fish Nina is holding there  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 09:47:58 PM »

That's rod's hand,cant you tell by the manicured nails. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer