Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 Vedder River conditions  (Read 77833 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2007 Vedder River conditions
« Reply #270 on: December 27, 2007, 05:29:17 PM »

Conditions were good today and I fished for 2 hours after a duck hunt at first light where I got 3 nice mallards but found nothing fish wise, except 1 float.

After lunch another 2 hour trip at a different area but nothing there either, fished some good water. Rushed home to get equipment for the evening flight and my day ended poorly as shot awful, 9 shots and only found air. Blaming it on the fairly strong East wind that picked up just as the ducks started coming in.  ??? ::)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #271 on: December 27, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »

Conditions were good today and I fished for 2 hours after a duck hunt at first light where I got 3 nice mallards but found nothing fish wise, except 1 float.

After lunch another 2 hour trip at a different area but nothing there either, fished some good water. Rushed home to get equipment for the evening flight and my day ended poorly as shot awful, 9 shots and only found air. Blaming it on the fairly strong East wind that picked up just as the ducks started coming in.  ??? ::)

So Chris if the fish weren't in those two spots where do you figure they are?  Feel free to PM me as to their exact locastion ( noticed a type-o on the previous word but after looking at it I actually quite like this new fishing term and left it the way it was).  I'm thinking about going up there tomorrow.  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #272 on: December 27, 2007, 09:28:03 PM »

Locastion sent to you via PM. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #273 on: December 27, 2007, 09:49:26 PM »

Snowing hard in the Valley now so the river should hang on for another day.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #274 on: December 27, 2007, 10:00:37 PM »

Thanks Chris.  ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #275 on: December 27, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »

Maple Leaf run ? ;)

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #276 on: December 28, 2007, 09:30:21 AM »

what are the conditions like as of late gonna head up for the weekend

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #277 on: December 29, 2007, 12:05:13 PM »

River was still fishable when I checked it an hour ago.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #278 on: December 29, 2007, 03:00:49 PM »

Went for a walk along the Rotary Trail about an hour ago and conditions were still good. One chap told us he had just landed about a 12 pound wild fish.

Hook Set

« Reply #279 on: December 29, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »

So the river was good today. How do you think it will be tomorrow after this rain and snow, I'm thinking about heading out. Do you think its cold enough for the river to stay in good condition.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2007, 01:23:36 PM »

Very nice once again this am but a bit windy. I was able to tussle with one for about 30 seconds before it fell off, was using pro-cured coho roe.

Saw another fellow with one, in the back of his truck. ;D ;D A good number of anglers out enjoying a nice but brisk day. I have a feeling I will get one tomorrow. ;D ;D

Then did a tour of the Lower River changing garbage bags in the Yarrow area, thanks to all that use them and clean up around them, much appreciated. One was full of stripped wire though?

Happy New Year to all members, as well as guests, on FWR and good fishing, I think it may be a productive steelhead year during the next few months.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2007, 02:38:30 PM »

I think all of you should thank Chris and a few dedicated locals who have been logging in almost daily updates on the Chilliwack River condition. Because of their effort, I'm sure that it has saved us many unnecessary trips (gas and money) when river condition degraded fast.

You can thank him by buying him a double double, but that is not so wise for the sanity of the people who work around him (especially when he puts us to work on bottl/can collection/sorting). ;) A better way to thank him would be to make sure you pick up your own and others' garbage whenever fishing the Chilliwack River. If you have noticed, the lower river (along the Rotary Trail, entrances at Bergman, Browne, railway bridge) all have garbage bags hanging around them. Chris does daily trips to these spots and change these bags when they are filled up. You can help him by keeping litter away from the river and placing them in these bags. Better yet, you can replace these bags if they are full too.

Good luck to all who plan to fish for steelhead in the next five months. Happy New Year.

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2007, 02:50:01 PM »

thanks chris without this thread i wont have confidence driving 2 hours to vedder
hardware == fish

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2007, 04:15:27 PM »

I think all of you should thank Chris and a few dedicated locals who have been logging in almost daily updates on the Chilliwack River condition. Because of their effort, I'm sure that it has saved us many unnecessary trips (gas and money) when river condition degraded fast.

Appreciate the daily updates Chris. Save me a bundle of $$$ driving from the Lower Mainland.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #284 on: December 31, 2007, 03:54:29 PM »

I did get out and fish today a bit and found condition favorable once again but no success for me but there was some decent fish taken, released, broke off and some others just lost so they are around.

It certainly was a lovely crisp day to get out and enjoy the last of 2007. Had some enjoyable visits with some from this web page and other anglers as well that added to the pleasure of being out on the flow.