Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 Vedder River conditions  (Read 77825 times)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
Re: 2007 Vedder River conditions
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2007, 08:27:29 PM »

Searun and I will be out there on sunday. Hopefully the river will be fishable.

Three of us will be floating the section from peach down to KWB, huge carnage will be left behind our wake, I hope :)

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #256 on: December 23, 2007, 02:49:21 PM »

Even with the rain and the snow melt today I was surprised to see the river still fishable in the Lower early this afternoon. Temperature presently at 4. Of course anyones guess how long it will hang on. :-\

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #257 on: December 23, 2007, 06:32:01 PM »

Searun and I will be out there on sunday. Hopefully the river will be fishable.

Three of us will be floating the section from peach down to KWB, huge carnage will be left behind our wake, I hope :)

Cheers,
Nicole

Did you do that today or are you going Monday Nic??? Jim and I have talked about doing this from a little further up as well...Let me know how the water is OK/  :-* Love you baby!! ;)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #258 on: December 24, 2007, 01:56:04 PM »

Did you do that today or are you going Monday Nic??? Jim and I have talked about doing this from a little further up as well...Let me know how the water is OK/  :-* Love you baby!! ;)

Hey, we did that yesterday, and the river through the lower section was fairly dead actually, I saw one person below browne road all the way to the KWR bridge. It was great not having to disturb anyone as we came down with the boats.

Towards the afternoon vis was close to about a foot. My brother got a nice 5 lb bull on roe, and we got nothing...

Levels are too high to effectively fish many parts of the canal, and most people were around lickman area.

We did see two fish caught, so they are in there!

You should talk to Darryl at reaction about the tamahi to vedder bridge drift, there are some rapids to handle, class 2 and 3. I want to take that pontooning class that CHWK river rafting offers, I am totally sold on the pontooning thing! It is soooo awesome.

My brother's Toy is perfect for stacking boats, as he has replaced the box with a plywood platform, and they fit perfectly!

Doing the stretch that we did, it was a bit far and we should have pulled out at the twig... We bypassed alot of water doing that second leg, but that was the point, to see every nook and cranny for return trips. I hate how short the days are right now! :-\

Water is fine through that whole drift, there is really only one swift area right below lickman, where the current hits the campground. There is a sweeper to navigate around, but even with our limited experience we could get past it no prob... The only other part to watch is right at peach where we launched, the heavy water got my heart pounding pretty good!

Above that around the old army camp run / curtains, I was told there is a really bad set of log jams where two kids got trapped on two seperate incidents tubing this summer, one made it and the other one didn't.

So I didn't want to try that before looking at it, cause I  remember it was pretty heavy water with a decent incline last steelhead season...

Cheers,
Nicole
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 07:21:38 PM by Nicole »
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #259 on: December 24, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »

Just checked conditions at Lickman and they were very favourable. Only saw only one angler and he was just coming back from fishing, his report was nothing doing and it was darn windy out there.

Snow now gone in most places on the Valley floor because of the wind overnight.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #260 on: December 25, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »

Going to check conditions now and will file a report in a couple of hours. No rain yet in Chilliwack.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #261 on: December 25, 2007, 02:38:20 PM »

Going to check conditions now and will file a report in a couple of hours. No rain yet in Chilliwack.
Conditions were perfect and I was surprised how many were out fishing too. ;D ;D Rain has just started with the freezing level low on the mountains so if it stays there the river should still be satisfactory for the annual Boxing Day Derby.

A little excitement while driving along the dyke 20 minutes ago. A fellow rolled his vehicle over the bank landing on its side. This happened at the North East side of the Keith Wilson Bridge, just as I was going under and up the road, under the bridge.

Some walkers that were passing by rushed to help him and pulled him out, luckily he was not hurt and was concerned about finding his cigarettes before being pulled out. ???

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #262 on: December 25, 2007, 02:44:27 PM »

Just got a report saying some clay fell in and the river is colouring now, anyone a update on this?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #263 on: December 25, 2007, 03:30:10 PM »

Rain has just changed to snow now, a white Christmas after all in CHWK. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #264 on: December 25, 2007, 08:37:07 PM »

I would think so, I have not heard otherwise. Snowing hard now.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #265 on: December 25, 2007, 08:45:24 PM »

Its coming down really good.  ;D
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #266 on: December 25, 2007, 10:19:20 PM »

Its coming down really good.  ;D
Yes, we have a very White Christmas. ;D ;D

Now lets hope the river now holds.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 10:22:05 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #267 on: December 26, 2007, 10:10:38 AM »

How much snow is out in the wack?
Melting now, we have only an inch or so but will be more up in the higher elevations.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #268 on: December 26, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »

Just checked it at Lickman and it still fishable but I thought it was not as good as yesterday. Raining now and snow melt in progress.

Lots of anglers out due to the Boxing Day Derby, saw about 14 in the Lickman Road parking lot area of the Vedder. CO checking licenses as well.

Ribwart

« Reply #269 on: December 27, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »

Cheers,
Nicole

Saw you briefly while you were floating the river Nicole, definitely inspires me to take the pontoon out there...!!!

Conditions were fishable, and worth it, from what I have been told. Might be on its way out as Chris mentioned.

Happy Holidays to FWR.

rib

« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 03:29:51 PM by Ribwart »