Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wading boots  (Read 8231 times)

sanchez

Re: Wading boots
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »

g3 simms are by far the best boots ive owned

fullahead

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2008, 06:25:34 AM »

When I bought my Bare, neoprene waders I was told the boots should be two sizes larger than your normal shoe size, and I paid 600.00 dollars for them. To replace the Bare wades would be 350.00. I saw a fellow on the Vedder, yesterday warring a pair of Cabela’s neoprene waders. I went home and look at Cabela’s catalog, 75 dollars for a pare of neoprene waders. I was wondering if any one has those waders, are they any good

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 06:59:52 AM »

They'll be the best $75 pair of waders you'll ever own.  I'd look at their breathables.  For around $150, you'll get a pair probably made by one of the more reputable companies at half the price.  Just make sure they fit. 

fullahead

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »

Thanks for the information Bent rod!! And by the way, I was fishing with one of your jigs this morning, and Happy New Year.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 12:29:18 PM »

Thanks for the information Bent rod!! And by the way, I was fishing with one of your jigs this morning, and Happy New Year.

Hopefully it worked well for you.  I haven't had much time lately to make many jigs or spinners, but did find a couple spinner styles in particular that I did great with, especially coho.  Hopefully I'll get some time to build my inventory back up before next fall.  At that time, I'll probably comp some to you and some other FWR folks to get some pr.