Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: crowsnest pass angels  (Read 1076 times)

dan-o

crowsnest pass angels
« on: August 01, 2011, 07:55:24 AM »

i just had my yearly fishing trip with pops and this one was 9 days on the crowsnest, old man and surrounding area. the fishing was great but that is another story. i need to give a lot of thanks to the owners of crows nest cafe and fly shop. we started off the trip with a guided day through them and it was incredible. john took us out from nine in the morning to 10 at night and we were into fish the whole time. his energy and experience will not be forgotten.

a few days later we were fishing pretty far up the gap and when we got back to the rental vehicle realized we (dad) no longer had the ONLY set of keys. oh oh. wallets and cell phones locked inside as well. we had to hitch hike into town and the fly shop was our first choice of stops. susan murray, the owner was quick to lend us a phone, pour us hot coffee and when we realized it would be a day or two before we got keys back she gave us her own truck to use so we wouldn't miss any fishing.she didn't think twice about it and rescued our trip as budget decided to send the spare set of keys with a courier that took three days and ended up in sparwood b.c., forty kilometers outside of coleman!

morals of the story:

spare keys help
digital fobs are a pain
BUDGET SUCKS
get a guide for your first day on new water
angels are still around, they are just getting harder to see.

this may sound like an add for crowsnest cafe and fly shop in coleman but i had such a great experience with them that i needed to put it out to the community.

dan

one more cast

Re: crowsnest pass angels
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »

Sounds like a great trip and good folks up there. Would love to see some pics of the scenery and fish.

Seems like a real down home place to book a trip.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: crowsnest pass angels
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »

Props to Crowsnest cafe!  They did right by you.  I'd certainly say it was an ad for them.  A testimonial to the great guiding and kind hearts!

Funny - car rental companies never give you a second set of keys... Wonder if you could ask for them?