Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On an Island Trip, Softball, Fishing Etc  (Read 2868 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
On an Island Trip, Softball, Fishing Etc
« on: August 09, 2004, 03:16:38 PM »

It is good to be on home turf again for a few days.

My day started early Sunday getting up at 3:30 am and getting ready to head for the first ferry to Victoria.

Got on with no trouble and a lovely ferry crossing thinking of the fish passing us by on their way to the Fraser and the onslot of nets etc. waiting for them in the Fraser.

Got to the ball park in time to see the Chilliwack team, The Young Guns win their last 2 games and win the Women's D Provincial Fastball Championship.

They won the final in a cake walk 15-2 over a team from Esquimalt as they hammered out 17 hits in the game. Their picher also took home top pitcher of the tourney.

Shot 2 rolls of film to go with the article I wrote this morning over breakfast  for the Chilliwack Progress that I also filed for the paper this afternoon for tomorrow's paper.

Well done girls.

I then travelled up to Cowichan Bay for a supper at the Rock Cod Cafe and you can guess what I had. Was so crowed as had to wait nearly an hour for supper.

While I waited I looked over the Bay that gave me so many good memories in the late 50 and 60 's as I mooched a fair number of chinooks in her waters.

If on the Island try the fish and chips at TRCC, as a double order of fish is way to much for a person even a hungry one like me. ;D

Spent the night sleeping in the truck ::) ??? at my dad's one remaining property in Duncan and then stopped and checked out the Chemainus River that is so low there is hardly any current. Saw no a fish by the bridge.

Then on to my cousin's place in Chemainus for lunch and a visit where I type this. Met Doug Bodgers parent there and had a short visit talking hockey. Doug of course played aroung 15 years in the NHL and was drafted 9th overall by Pittsburg the same year oas Mario.

Too bad he never played with the Leafs and he could have maybe helped them roll to a Stanley Cup. Doug's dad thinks there will be no NHL until Christmas. More time to fish for us hockey fans. ;D

After lunch I helped my cousin put up 3 lovely springs up to 23 pound he caught over the weekend at Nootka Sound.

I am now heading to try for a Brown Trout in the Cowichan, nort sure of the regs there but will check before I start.

I will be fly fishing, any tips on a good fly to use at this time. Hurry with the response as I leave in 15. :D

I have not checked the letters on the illegal fishing, will do when I return home tomorrow, hope there is a good number there.

letter@fishingwithrod.com
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 03:44:00 PM by chris gadsden »