Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: any steelhead on the fly yet this year??  (Read 11015 times)

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
Re: any steelhead on the fly yet this year??
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »

Published by Heritage House if that helps. As for color there is realy no standard, others may think there is but it is more a matter of visibility. Different colors of water change color like the filters on a camera, in some case certain colors are not visible at all. Before you jump into Trey Combs book I would suggest an in depth prestudy of "What Fish See" by Dr. Colin J. Kageyama, "The Mater Angler" by Phil Rabideau, and "Fly Rod Steelhead" by Bill Stinson. Don't I repeat Don't wast your moey on Advanced Fly Fishing for Steelhead by Drkr Meyer. Hope this helps.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: any steelhead on the fly yet this year??
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2006, 05:38:12 PM »

Published by Heritage House if that helps. As for color there is realy no standard, others may think there is but it is more a matter of visibility. Different colors of water change color like the filters on a camera, in some case certain colors are not visible at all. Before you jump into Trey Combs book I would suggest an in depth prestudy of "What Fish See" by Dr. Colin J. Kageyama, "The Mater Angler" by Phil Rabideau, and "Fly Rod Steelhead" by Bill Stinson. Don't I repeat Don't wast your moey on Advanced Fly Fishing for Steelhead by Drkr Meyer. Hope this helps.

thanks, ill look into them...the way the weather has been i'll be the best book taught non fishing ba$tard on the river.. :P