Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My first trout on the fly  (Read 3829 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
My first trout on the fly
« on: April 15, 2006, 07:39:05 PM »

Well it's been a long time coming...but it finally happened :) I was down in skagit county, just outside bellingham, an old guy who's the pres. of a local fly fishing club i'm thinking of joining took me out to this lake on friday, it's a state park but not listed on any Wa. lakes or maps...Not much of a secret but what the heck...He said it was a fun lake and you could fish dry flies on it all day and catch fish so i was in...Today the weather was pretty lousy but in between the gusts of wind and rain, it was not to bad. I was using a Lady McConnell, size 12 and 14 all day...caught about ten of these cutties..all in the 11" and up range, no monsters for me but hey what a freaking blast watching them suck up your fly and getting a little tussle..I used my new four weight rod today, a winston bx2 so that made it even better...

After about three hours the rain was dumping again and i was frozen so headed back, parked on a trial head about two hundred yards from the lake, middle of no where but next to house that is up on top of the ridge...walking up i see glass and sure as ****, someone smashed my back door window trying to break in...F**k i was and am still so ticked off...been on the Vedder so many times and always worried about break ins and nothing (knock on wood) has happened, now here i am in my own back yard and this happens....I was calling the cowards out at the top of my lungs but of course no one answered or showed up...probably for the better as i had my bat in my truck and i would have seal team seven'd them i'm sure....So both a great and a real suck day all in all...

dont laught he was spirited  :D

The new toys...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 07:41:46 PM by golfman65 »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: My first trout on the fly
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:44:38 PM »

Sorry to hear about your car Golfman. Some day some vigilante group is going to catch one of these lowlifes and set an example of him for others. >:(

sliverbullet

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 12:52:35 PM »

first trout or any fish on the fly is always a blast and a huge rush of adrenalin

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 06:25:25 PM »

I also caught my first fish on the fly just over 2 months ago on the island.
And the experience is just as exciting as people said it would be!