Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Powerbait developing everyday!!!  (Read 2771 times)

ssd0904

Powerbait developing everyday!!!
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:32:21 PM »

Well i bought my first powerbait last year, (original scent) and i think it's still popular, and working. But, they now have nuggets and all other kinds right?(That's all i've seen from Walmart) Now, i went to Bellingham to get my new basketball shoes, Zoom Kobe 5 and Hyperize,(Sorry im not trying to brag) and i went to the Big 5 sports and i went to the fishing corner, i found this "Gulp" Powerbait... I mean wut??? It has shiny particles and it's Gulp! I bought it the second i saw it, it's in my tackle box. I've never opened it, but apparently it's 50 percent better and the best formula so far, im going to stocked lake, i think im gonna get some good fish with this bait+Stocked lakes! And i mean, those shinning particles+Better Formula+ Gulp? I mean that should be REALLY REALLY good ...

Dam that's good. ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: Powerbait developing everyday!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:39:01 PM »

I've heard that the reason they make lures shiny is to attract fishermen...

Sounds like powerbait has caught on to the idea as well.   ;D

Good luck with the catching!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:48:06 PM »

Looks like Gulp got another one ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:53:56 PM »

I've been working on a catalist to make power bait 10 times more effective. Would like some capital to get the whole thing rolling. So if your interested I'm selling shares for $20 bucks. So far my best formula, probably the one going to market with is based on Labatt Wildcat going through my system , then sprayed on the power bait. PM me how many shares you want.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 11:00:22 PM »

I've been working on a catalist to make power bait 10 times more effective. Would like some capital to get the whole thing rolling. So if your interested I'm selling shares for $20 bucks. So far my best formula, probably the one going to market with is based on Labatt Wildcat going through my system , then sprayed on the power bait. PM me how many shares you want.

If you add shiny sprinkles to the formula......   I'm in!!!!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 11:05:44 PM »

Did you also buy Beta when VHS came out?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 11:38:15 PM »

Did you also buy Beta when VHS came out?

No but HD will win out over Bluray....wait a minute....nevermind.....Sparklies always win over, what was that stuff called, oh yeah fools gold.
Take the T out of Morton.

fish fishburn

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 05:28:46 AM »

Say what you want about powerbait, it works. I have been using there product for about 10 yrs.  Being a bass fisherman here in Ontario about 75% of my plastics are powerbaits. I have outfished my buddy many times using powerbait minnows when he is using live minnows while jigging for walleye. When I come out to the wack this fall I am going to bring a bunch of powerbaits with me to try on salmon and steelhead.  I know its not the traditional way to fish these species but I tend to think outside the box from time to time.  Could sure use a partner to fish with on the Vedder while I'm there since my buddy I am visiting doesn't fish. Let me know if any of you guys need some powerbaits and I will bring them for you. The selection here is mind boggling.

mr.p

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:33:59 AM »

I've used Berkley powerbait and gulp products from time to time when I'm out of real bait.  All of my pink worm steelies have been caught on the 4" powerbait worm.  I will not use any other worm product.  I've also used the little tiny gulp egg clusters that come in a plastic jar.  Caught a steelie on my first ever cast trying these.  I was so excited, I actually almost called the tackle shop and thanked them.  I've noticed the new gulp ghost shrimp are hitting the local rivers and stores in the past couple of weeks.  I've heard good things but have yet to try them myself.  I've also used the trout nuggets and 3" worms fishing for rainbows in lakes......absolutely deadly.

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

fish fishburn

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »

They also have the maggots, come in a small jar like trout eggs do. I tried them this winter ice fishing for whitefish and man they were awesome.

ssd0904

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »

Yee they have like 10 kinds of powerbait. Im gona probably mix my Gulp Powerbait with Other kinds of Powerbait with other colours so i have like rainbow + 4 colours. I'll tell ya guys results.