Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's happening on the Vedder?  (Read 1679 times)

goblin59

What's happening on the Vedder?
« on: February 16, 2006, 07:41:59 AM »

I haven't been able to get out since Feb. 8th. (2 fish day) The river was already getting fairly low and quite clear then, so I know it's probably really low and gin clear now. According the Fred's website there were 7 fish weighed in yesterday and the fishing is good.... no offence to Fred's but they say the fishing is always good!! ::) ::)
Anyone been out in the last day or so?

meca_357

Re: What's happening on the Vedder?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:09:24 AM »

was wondering the same thing.. plus long since chris posted a report... what does that mean.. ??? ??? ::)

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 11:46:57 AM »

There are plenty of fish in the system right now but with the combination of low clear water and colder temperatures the fishing has gotten a little tougher,even in these conditions though you can still do well ,try down sizing your baits and leaders ,fish some of the deeper holding water and travel routes and when it is cold in the mornings the fish become a little lethargic,i find later in the day when the temperatures warms up the fish will usually turn on,tight lines. :) :)
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

ko

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 06:04:17 PM »

i was out yesturday i got no fish but tried a few different holes and the regular holes water gin clear hard fish down sized to 6lb no 4 hook still nothing heard 3 fish were caught just below the train bridge but that does not apeal to me standing in one spot waiting for fish to move in . upper river was definetly slow but still a great day to get out

the carp

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 09:01:27 PM »

No reports of fish into woodys today but still a great day to be out on the river,saw chris yesterday (wed.) think he is just rechargin his batteries and finding a new pen tight lines boys.