Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyone been fishing the Stamp?  (Read 5879 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: Anyone been fishing the Stamp?
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »

... The numbers you get when you are with a guide on a jet boat is out of whack with most bank fishing...

That often depends on the Bank Angler, how well they know the system and just where to intercept the fish  ;)
But that aside, the local guides here REALLY know their stuff!

So, post away. Let's here it!!  ;D

Cheers,
Nog

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »

The Stamp is one river where having access to a guide and or a jet boat is much more advantageous.  Also having access to fish runs that border on private property is helpful as well because spots with public access are rather limited.

lapa

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:11 AM »

Why should it be frowned upon?If it's all done wthin legal limits and ethics,and if some people still have a prob. with it,it's their problem,not yours.Please share
X2

4TheKids

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 08:20:12 PM »

In two days we had 34 steelies on, and by on I mean the float was down and there was a head shake. It is easy to tell the difference between a stealie take, a cuttie take, and a spawned out spring take. We only had 12 to the boat but that was mostly operator error. My son and I have only been fishing for 2 years but we have been pushing the learning curve as hard as we can. All fish were caught using a coloured bead and a bit of wool. The biggest was 14 lb according to guide but I think that was conservative. This fish was 1 of 4 that were sight fished. When it took the hook my son nearly pee'd his waders. Interestingly, all four that we saw take the hook let it float past then swam down river for the take. Nothing compares to fishing from a jet boat on the river. You can see everything and nothing gets in your way. You can perfectly work your way down the run. I am certain that people like Mr. Noggin can give the boats a run for their money but he has to work hard and has to know his stuff. We had an amazing time thanks to Murphy's and his crew.

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 03:25:43 AM »

How many coho did you get? Nice job on the summer-runs though.
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

KLX

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »

i was on the stamp saturday and yesterday the 23rd. at the bucket, moneys pool and the ash river. water is clear. only boot springs around or steelies. Very poor coho run this year.

Ran into a momma and cub on my walk back to the truck. they were about 12 feet away but paid me no bother. cub got on her hind legs and tried to act tough and big. momma just ignored it.

put the rod away then went hunting. found a small doe deer a few bear but only shot a couple ducks...