Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: peg leg  (Read 7614 times)

vancook

• Old Timer
Re: peg leg
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 04:44:02 PM »

Curious what peg leg looks like right now. Accessible for bar fishing or still under water?
Was hoping to head out sometime this week for some fishing and wondering if I should go further up river or not. thanks

BBarley

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »

Pretty sure Peg Leg bar itself isn't under water, but that channel is still roaring at the end of McSween Rd.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 06:10:53 PM »

Still can't get out to the bar unless you have a boat.
thank you

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »

Still can't get out to the bar unless you have a boat.
And it may stay that way for the rest of the fishing season.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »

Went out to ole Pegasaurus today as the sockeye opening was upon us. Arrived at 11:30 AM and as I had a couple friends who have a boat I wasn't at all worried about whether the water channel was crossable on foot, which it wasn't. The channel is in no way at all
at this moment safe to cross by walking, so don't even think about it. There were still lots of people fishing on the opposite side though as many used whatever means possible to manage the crossing. Saw two groups use canoes, there were many small crafts employed, 10, 12 ft. boats and so on. For those that don't have a boat you can still fish. When you walk to the water go immediately left and start walking. There is a very nice bar there that can fit upwards to 50 to 60 or so people and after talking to a few fishermen they did alright there today too. We took our boat and found a nice spot and anchored away from the crowds and even with the commercial opening had no problem getting our six beauties, it just took a little longer, about six hours. Great day to be out tho, not to hot and not to cold, sit back and have a cold one, sure beats working. And we could easily see the people fishing the Peg Leg bars and we saw fish landed all the time we were out there.
Don't forget there are also other spots to fish just before you arrive at Peg Leg as was evidenced by the number of vehicles parked along Ballam Rd. There are a couple nice walk in trails that you can easily see before you arrive at McSween Rd. Have never fished this spot so I can't say how good it is but there were easily 20 or more trucks and cars parked there so someone likes it. For all you anti-flossers all I can say is ha, ha, ha, ha. You guys are better than stand up comedians or politicians, talk about double standards. Seems to me if I recall in Jan. of 2010 a thread about how one so called top rod, (LMAO) caught fifteen steelhead on the Vedder in one day using a fly rod in very inhospitable conditions. ie; high water and very low visibility. So obviously to me and I'm sure anyone reading that ( except the elitists, the biased and the so called top rods, again LMAO ) he was a snagger, but using a fly rod. I could give other similar situations but that would be a waste of my time and frankly I don't really care anyway what you think. Just thought I'd give other FWR posters and readers a little info and update on the Peg. Get out there and get your beauties because no one knows how long it will be open for and all you anti-bb's, please keep the humour coming. I don't post much on here anymore, but I do read all the time and you guys are so entertaining, such as it is. Good Fishing All !!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:56 PM »

For all you anti-flossers all I can say is ha, ha, ha, ha. You guys are better than stand up comedians or politicians, talk about double standards. Seems to me if I recall in Jan. of 2010 a thread about how one so called top rod, (LMAO) caught fifteen steelhead on the Vedder in one day using a fly rod in very inhospitable conditions. ie; high water and very low visibility. So obviously to me and I'm sure anyone reading that ( except the elitists, the biased and the so called top rods, again LMAO ) he was a snagger, but using a fly rod. I could give other similar situations but that would be a waste of my time and frankly I don't really care anyway what you think. Just thought I'd give other FWR posters and readers a little info and update on the Peg. Get out there and get your beauties because no one knows how long it will be open for and all you anti-bb's, please keep the humour coming. I don't post much on here anymore, but I do read all the time and you guys are so entertaining, such as it is. Good Fishing All !!!

Serious Al, was that necessary in this thread, one of few that haven't been hijacked by the flossing debate?

This is why it's pointless to even participate in it or have anything to do with this particular fishery. It brings out all the jerks and somehow always manage to turn civil individuals into jerks too.