Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That's Four in a Row  (Read 3677 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
That's Four in a Row
« on: February 23, 2008, 09:40:36 PM »

Another great win by Canada's team.  Both goals by Kessler were a thing of beauty.  One point out of first...gotta love it!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: That's Four in a Row
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »

A fine effort by the lads tonight. Canucks dine on Wings tonight.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 07:55:27 AM »

how many of these 4 wins were in OT.....as I suspected.... :D :D :D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:22:40 AM »

mojo

Do I detect some sour grapes?  Don't know the exaxt stat but it was mentioned yesterday on HNIC that more games since the allstar break have been decided in the overtime and shootout, epecially for playoff bound teams so what's your point?  Vancouver is the type of team thats going to be in every game (except for a few stinkers like the Colorado game a few weeks ago).  We're bound to end up in this situation a lot but the thing is Vancouver isn't even at 500 in overtime situations.

We are, however, the only team in the league with a perfect record when going into the third period with a lead.  That's 23-0!!  That's a stat most teams would covet.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »

mojo

Do I detect some sour grapes?  Don't know the exaxt stat but it was mentioned yesterday on HNIC that more games since the allstar break have been decided in the overtime and shootout, epecially for playoff bound teams so what's your point?  Vancouver is the type of team thats going to be in every game (except for a few stinkers like the Colorado game a few weeks ago).  We're bound to end up in this situation a lot but the thing is Vancouver isn't even at 500 in overtime situations.

We are, however, the only team in the league with a perfect record when going into the third period with a lead.  That's 23-0!!  That's a stat most teams would covet.

that and a buck fifty will get you a coffee....btw....is it me...or does Cowen seem like the team punchin' bag....yep....you'll go far in the post season with the sisters holdin' the fort....just hope Lou doesn't go on a hiatus....but yeah....23-0....ya need sonmething to brag about... :D :D :D :D :D

as for the sour grapes....not even...just post it how I see it...wonder what you guys will up for Sundin....is your only chance of achieving the holy grail of hockey?????.....hmmmmm????

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 07:17:32 PM »

Unlike the Laughs the Canucks are in the hunt for the playoffs. But then how would any Laugh fan know anything about the playoffs ? They've been out of it for 2 consecutive years and very likely going to miss again this season. Golf Leafs Golf. :D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 07:33:39 PM »

Unlike the Laughs the Canucks are in the hunt for the playoffs. But then how would any Laugh fan know anything about the playoffs ? They've been out of it for 2 consecutive years and very likely going to miss again this season. Golf Leafs Golf. :D

and somehow a team with zero cups has some kinda braggin' rights....I'll agree the Cannots have a shot at the post season....but I'll stand by my earlier comments...the sisters and Lou ain't gonna do it...'course I don' have green and blue goggles on.... ::)

mojo

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 07:36:11 PM »

News flash for Mojoman, it's 2008, not 1967. Any team can win a Cup in a 6 team league. Really sad to see someone trying to defend their hockey team by referring to the past. :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 07:40:38 PM by Fish Assassin »

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 06:21:19 AM »

you see it as sad...I see it as fact.... ;D

mojo

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 08:50:41 AM »

Here's another fact: Make Beliefs haven't made it to the finals in 40 years  ;D

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 05:59:06 PM »

mojo
[/quote]
btw....is it me...or does Cowen seem like the team punchin' bag of achieving the holy grail of hockey?????.....hmmmmm????

mojo
[/quote]

Totally agree with you on this one... as I stated in another post Cowan has yet to stay on his feet and is a disgraceful 0 for10 in scraps this season but his one assist makes him an offensive threat.  Don't really know what Vigneault sees in him...would rather have Mike Brown suit up anyday to replace him.   He's much faster, sees the ice better, and can beat the crap out of guys 30 lbs. bigger.