Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Island 22 Boat Launch Closure  (Read 2556 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Island 22 Boat Launch Closure
« on: April 09, 2020, 03:24:21 PM »

We got an update today that the Island 22 Park is going to be closed Friday - Tuesday.

So not launching boats....

Just want to keep everyone in the loop with what is going on.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
Re: Island 22 Boat Launch Closure
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 04:52:34 PM »

We got an update today that the Island 22 Park is going to be closed Friday - Tuesday.

So not launching boats....

Just want to keep everyone in the loop with what is going on.

Gotta adapt I hear under a bridge is the new place to launch

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 07:36:47 PM »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2020, 07:52:20 PM »

FYI, for anyone who was considering coming out to the Chilliwack/Vedder River to fish this long weekend, you should note that all parking lots along the Vedder Greenway (downstream from the Vedder Crossing) are CLOSED. Here is the press release from the City of Chilliwack:

https://www.chilliwack.com/main/page.cfm?id=37&prshow=details&prid=428

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2020, 09:58:46 PM »

FYI, for anyone who was considering coming out to the Chilliwack/Vedder River to fish this long weekend, you should note that all parking lots along the Vedder Greenway (downstream from the Vedder Crossing) are CLOSED. Here is the press release from the City of Chilliwack:

This should not be a problem as everyone has been asked for a while now to stay home anyway unless going shopping for groceries, for work or prescriptions.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 08:27:59 PM »

I'm just SHOCKED Island 22 has been open while every other launch is closed. Just SHOCKED. I pay $150 a year for Mission and pay $50 for a season's pass at Islabd 22 and Dewdney. You'd figure Mission would honor that price and keep open. I always hated launching in Mission. I got my $150 back from the Harbor Authority here in town and I'll NEVER pay for a launch here ever again. Keeping people away doesnt promote social distancing. It just makes folks go somewhere else. Everyone is gathering at friends and family homes this long weekend. Keeping a frigging boat launch closed doesnt do a damn thing. They just do another activity elsewhere away from people with cellphones to take pictures.

I follow the social distancing guidelines to a T. I wish I could say the same for the MORONS at Wallmart of Super Store. Some people are completely stupid and ignorant during this pandemic. I almost punched someone in the face today because he decided to push his cart in front of me at the line up and stop to talk on his phone. Theres no enforcement by staff at the grocery store. NONE ! and I can go out on a boat alone ? Frigging joke. Absolute joke
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:32:07 PM by Hike_and_fish »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 09:55:39 PM »

Yet Rod still teases us with a photo of a steelhead tail on his Facebook today ::)

Don't worry, I'm staying close to home this weekend.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 09:56:19 PM »

That was from February...

Walleye76

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 04:49:44 PM »

I'm just SHOCKED Island 22 has been open while every other launch is closed. Just SHOCKED. I pay $150 a year for Mission and pay $50 for a season's pass at Islabd 22 and Dewdney. You'd figure Mission would honor that price and keep open. I always hated launching in Mission. I got my $150 back from the Harbor Authority here in town and I'll NEVER pay for a launch here ever again. Keeping people away doesnt promote social distancing. It just makes folks go somewhere else. Everyone is gathering at friends and family homes this long weekend. Keeping a frigging boat launch closed doesnt do a damn thing. They just do another activity elsewhere away from people with cellphones to take pictures.

I follow the social distancing guidelines to a T. I wish I could say the same for the MORONS at Wallmart of Super Store. Some people are completely stupid and ignorant during this pandemic. I almost punched someone in the face today because he decided to push his cart in front of me at the line up and stop to talk on his phone. Theres no enforcement by staff at the grocery store. NONE ! and I can go out on a boat alone ? Frigging joke. Absolute joke
🤦‍♂️