Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No fish for me  (Read 1656 times)

sassygrams

No fish for me
« on: November 10, 2006, 12:44:52 PM »

:( Ok you guys, what am I doing wrong?  I have been fishing now for three days in North Vancouver and I got two little fishes yesterday - not too sure what they even were, looked like trout but other than that - I can't catch nothing.....  The river doesn't seem very high, not like last weekend - and I still can't catch anything. 
If anyone needs a fishing partner this weekend, I would love to go and learn some things.  I am planning to go out this afternoon again, once I dry off and Saturday....  Anyone wants to share info with me....  don't hesitate - trust me...  I am no threat for sharing info - no one to share it with :)

Nice to hear you all are doing well - good for you. 

Louise
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

Kelso

• Steelhead 6 Kelso 35
    • My Fishing Pics
Re: No fish for me
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 12:48:53 PM »

Hey Sassy, plans keep changing due to the weather but I might be going to the Cap on Saturday. Bringing two friends, one who is very experienced and is going to teach me a few things as I am still learning. If you wanted to tag along I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue, at the very least we could share some info.

sassygrams

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 12:55:05 PM »

Kelso, thank you for the invite - but I have no waders so depending on where you are going I'll be limited.  If you are still interested - please email me at louiser34@hotmail.com - Thank you for inviting me :)
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

theweev

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 07:12:17 PM »

if you're out there look for me as i'll be out enjoying the weather. Waders, black So'wester and an ever present green packpack.
I'll be above the highway on the westvan side to start and up @ dogleg & big mother in the early afternoon.

sassygrams

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 07:23:07 PM »

:o  Hello theweev!  I just subscribed tonight so I can't send a message other than this way.  I am going to be at the Capilano tomorrow but I do not know those places you mentioned - maybe I do but not by the names.  I will look for you though or if you see me, please come say hi!  I have a blue or black jacket on depending on weather - a clear tackle box, a green vest and a baseball hat :)  I might go to the rock if I can get down the hillside - but I have no waders so I am limited as to where I can go. I appreciate your reply though - thank you. 
Funny thing is I am just trying to learn before the season is over but obviously I need a fishing buddy to do this with - how else do I learn.  I talk with people fishing but have to be careful who I listen to and what they tell me.  Just trying here...  Good luck to you all.

theweev

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »

hey sassy,
don't need waders for the holes i'm going to tomorrow. here's a map of the Cap. (follow the PDF link) I'll be @ rangeri@ 11:30 or so. Have to pay respects 1st. I park  under the HWY 1 bridge @ the end of Kieth Rd in W. Van. I'll be driving a black 92 2dr Jetta. if I don't catch you then, I'll be @ dog leg around 1:30 -2 see you if I see you. I'm going out so I'll read your reply when I get back. Cheer
theweev

sassygrams

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 07:42:46 PM »

that's great - I can go down at that time, 11:30 ish.  I found a map so hopefully I can find these spots - didn't know there was so many spots to go to - my oh my - maybe you can show me what I am doing wrong - maybe I just can't feel them bite :)  Looking forward to learning some more. Awesome :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 07:50:47 PM by sassygrams »

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 08:54:06 PM »

don't feel too bad Sassy, it has'nt been great conditions for fishing so most fishers are doing about the same as you.
Fish on!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 09:48:26 PM »

i'll second that opinion!
Fish killer 101