Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 296524 times)

liketofish

• Old Timer
Re: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #240 on: September 06, 2013, 09:09:01 PM »

There were A LOT of fish today Delta ways. A LOT! Not one of the 15 guys out hooked up, I saw no bites, heard of nothing, but we had a solid 25 minutes with rollers and jumpers. Huge school pushed up, but not a damn thing for anyone. Im getting worried! This is the 7th trip I think, and the 7th skunk. COME ON FISHIES!

It is a bit strange this year. The fish seem to be not too aggressive for some strange reason. I had a fair share of such frustration when fish were rolling all around for half an hour but not one fish willing to bite spoons, buzz bomb or flies. Never had this happening in Furry Creek area where fish bite so well.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #241 on: September 06, 2013, 09:10:33 PM »

Fraser pinks are so much more educated. :)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #242 on: September 06, 2013, 09:12:17 PM »

My first salmon ever! I was on dyke rd in between #4 and #5 from 130pm - 345pm using 1/4 oz croc spoon. Some dude help me club and bleed out my fish. But cant wait to go back for some more!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

congrats on the first fish

sumasriver

« Reply #243 on: September 06, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »

Slower this afternoon / evening.

Fewer fish in the river .   Very soft bite this year as well seems to be continuing.

Spoons with silver backing were outperforming same spoon with copper backing.

Landed 3  and lost 3.

eman

« Reply #244 on: September 06, 2013, 09:26:18 PM »

I've never eaten one with a  pronounced hump, is the hump made of the same meat as the body? What's it taste like? sorry for the newbie question, but I just never had a chance to catch or eat a humpy.  :)

penguinabc123

« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2013, 10:46:34 PM »

I fished deas island from about 3-8 and managed two fresh does with sea lice still.
I saw quite a few hook ups around me as well.

It was from two schools that pushes up, but once they were gone so were
The bites.

Good luck!!

Wabubeh

« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2013, 11:09:11 PM »

Im going to try fishing tomorrow morning at dyke try my luck. Last week I landed 2 nice male pinks.

robbyvanz

« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2013, 11:26:41 PM »

I've never eaten one with a  pronounced hump, is the hump made of the same meat as the body? What's it taste like? sorry for the newbie question, but I just never had a chance to catch or eat a humpy.  :)

Don't eat the part where the giant hump is.  That's where the males store their sperm!!  j/k  Pinks taste best smoked or BBQ'd, and make sure you bleed your catch asap.  Here's a vid on how to bleed your salmon: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWsJ5BBh9wQ

Freshman2013

« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2013, 11:53:36 PM »

Hooked my first fish today, and lost it too.  Still happy because all fishermen have been polite, cheerful and helpful until .....

Fishing in Richmond Dumpbar today afternoon.  Around 4 pm a few men came very near me and started casting.  They were in fact squeezing me to the left.  The beach on the left side was almost empty of people.

When I kneel down changing lure, one of them suddenly stood by me  elbow to elbow and started casting.  I asked him keeping a reaonsable distance.  He said he was just taking the spot of his buddy while his buddy was changing lure.  "Your buddy was there ! Not right by my elbow !" I said. He ignored me. I casted as well in anger and of course we ended up tangling.  After few more attempt he gave up and yelled "OK I move,  is that ok ha !" he then walked to vast empty space on my left.

After 30 min I left for dinner.  When I looked at them from my car I concluded they were bottom bouncing ( 12 ft rod, huge foam float, 2-3 oz weight, 5 foot leader to a small red spoon ).  I was fishing in the rare snag free zone therefore they wanted me away.  Can they simply ask politely ? That was really unpleasant experience.  During the confrontation I felt ready for further hostile action from them.

I am certain these men will appear again in the same spot.  Very easy to identify.  If you have kid stay away.

sol.dwayne@gmail.com

« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2013, 12:55:25 AM »

I went to the lower Fraser just east of No 6 rd at 7:00pm tonight.  There were 5 other guys in the same area and everybody was landing fish.  I caught my first Pink salmon on a 1/4oz croc,hammered silver with fire stripe.  It was male, with slight hump, weighed 4lbs, 12 oz and measured about 63cm long (after cleaned and bled).
Took it home and poached it.  Can't get much fresher then that!

FishingKing

« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2013, 11:31:19 AM »

Alot better this morning. Get out there!

Shawn6o4

« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »

Tried the end of no5 yesterday morning 3 pike minnows in 2hrs, saw 1 pink landed and several lossed. Trying northarm today

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2013, 02:15:43 PM »

Limited out at River Rd on the lower tidal this morning.

There were 2 separate 1 hour bites - saw 30 fish landed at the first bite - I caught one.

Then a bunch of people left just as the tide was changing and the 2nd bite came on shortly after that.
Landed 3 large males in about a half hour in the 2nd bite - all very close to shore.

It was very busy early - someone every 10-15 feet.

andrew5

« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »

What is this brown crap in the water? I'm down on dyke rd off no 5 rd, and visibility right on shore went from over a foot yesterday to well under today. Looks like a mill dumped a bunch of pulp in the water.

FishingKing

« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »

What is this brown crap in the water? I'm down on dyke rd off no 5 rd, and visibility right on shore went from over a foot yesterday to well under today. Looks like a mill dumped a bunch of pulp in the water.

Water looked fine up the road.