Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good start & surprising results so far NHL 17/18 playoffs.  (Read 40478 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: Good start & surprising results so far NHL 17/18 playoffs.
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2018, 09:43:41 PM »

Jets will regroup and win the next one. No need to panic
Jets get a goal in the 3rd but with too little time on the clock so they go down to defeat. Honestly the Jets looked so deflated & a shadow of themselves it was an embarrassing effort. Cinderella story..it's midnight & the mask has been ripped off & these Jets are exposed who they really are. A crappo team.
Boo boo throw eggs at them. Tar & feather the bozos. Give us our $ back. They played like they had a bad hangover. I panic I panic I panic. In all my 63 years of looking at the NHL these Jets have zero chance 0 % of winning. They are toast. Throw in the towel Jet fans.
Who will Nashville face ? Either Knights or Sharks.
Jets played so bad & Preds so great I need a glass of red wine.  ;D
Will FA prediction come true. He claims the Jets will regroup.
Seeing is believing. Personally think Jets are toast.

TNAngler

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2018, 07:57:47 AM »

Preds went back to what worked last year, the 1-3-1 trap and completely shut down the break outs and stopped the puck in the neutral zone.  When the puck did make it into the zone, it was a weak dump that either quickly went back out or it got in with very little setup.  That easily could have been a 5-0 game.  This was the game plan we used to destroy Chicago last year.  I think it is possible that the Jets get one more, probably game 6.  The Jets stadium is hard to play in but so is Nashville.  We are just as loud.  I believe we still have the record from last year.

I don't expect the rest of the games to be that one sided but unless the Preds crap themselves, I'm sticking with my prediction yesterday that this series will be the end of the Jets.  It's kinda sad, wish the Jets were on the other side so this series could have been for the cup.  I truly believe these are the two best teams.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2018, 10:07:59 AM »

1-3-1 trap!!!!
So that's the formula. TNA You very smart You very intelligent. Seeing the last game honestly thought the Jets will steamroller the Preds the rest of the way.
( oh if my Manitoba relatives seen my last post they would not talk to me for weeks/months maybe :-\)
Anyways this is N America so I will cheer for whoever.
What really got me was how non aggressive the Jets played. They let up on their hits. Last game the Preds were picking themselves off the ice but it was the other way around last night.
I mean this was a game in Winnipeg so the Jets should of gave out the hits.
Knock a Pred on the ice & the fans cheer loudly & it gives energy to the team.
If Nashville plays this 1-3-1 trap as us call it & the Jets do not give out body checks to counter it some what .... Should Preds go on to meet the Sharks I will cheer the Preds. If they meet the Knights I will have to cheer Vegas. S Hopefully Nashville or Knights have something left in their tanks after they go head to head for 6-7 games!!!! Should it develop that way. Nashville in the finals were kinda beat up & tired after going thru 3 hard rounds. Hopefully the teams on the other side will beat themselves up.
The east games are mainly lots of skating & plays. The west & mid west are hard skating & physical.

TNAngler

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2018, 10:44:31 AM »

If done effectively, the trap can be boring hockey but it is very effective and frustrating.  It is very difficult to get the puck into the offensive zone with any good structure.  It just takes you completely out of your offensive game.  It also allows for some quick break aways and odd man rushes the other direction.  There aren't good opportunities for a lot of hits if you are in the neutral zone or doing a weak corner dump and then trying to get the puck while out of position.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2018, 01:41:00 PM »

I panic I panic I panic. In all my 63 years of looking at the NHL these Jets have zero chance 0 % of winning. They are toast. Throw in the towel Jet fans.

Lay off the wine A-BOATER. It's too early in the day to be imbibing. ;D

TNAngler

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »

At least he doesn't need to lay off the whine.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2018, 02:14:10 PM »

;D ;D ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »

;D ;D ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2018, 07:37:47 PM »

;D ;D ;D
Good pts TNA on the 1-3-1.
Wonder which coach came up with that game plan? Capt Video Roger Neilson
Preds seem to have the players that suit that style.
Jets players sure looked bewildered & frustrated.
That game reminded me of Foreman vs Ali rope a dope bout in Africa.
Foreman = Jets and Ali = Preds .

arimaBOATER

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2018, 11:13:58 PM »

Boston lost in OT. Tampa tied the game in the 3rd with many thought a penalty should of been called on them before the goal. Then Tampa wins on a side shot across the net that gets deflected in. Big loss for the Bruins in their own building. Bruins down now 3-1 in the series. No room for error as they need 3 straight W's to go on to the next round. Marchand back to his old tricks. The old lick in the face trick.
Marchand should get 10 break away per game. Just stick handle down the ice with his tongue out. Players will part to the left & to the right & he'll be home free on the goalie.
NHL may have to bring in a new rule next yr known as the  "no licking other opposing player" known as the Marchand rule.  ;D
Wow 4-0 was the score between Vegas & San Jose & then bang a penalty ( weak penalty call ) against Neale & it's 4-1 then 4-2 then 4-3  ( 3 goals in 6 minutes ) Fleury must of been sweating with still over 2 plus minutes to go & 6 attackers ( empty net )  Vegas pots in the easy goal. End 5-3.
Sharks have sensed blood & they now know if they kick up the heat / pressure they can score some goals. Well it's 3-2 for Vegas in the series so look for a big push back by the Sharks in game 6.
Knights will be disparate too as they want to avoid a game 7. What a series.
This hockey we are seeing is so full of drama. Great exciting games. Sadly only one team can be declared the winner of the Cup & all other teams losers. Like the game snake & ladders. 15 teams will slide down the snake's tail over & over but 1 team will hit the ladders all the way to the top. Stanley Cup.
Think the Sharks scared the Knights tonight. Who has scored 3 goals against them in 6 minutes ?
Once that seed of shock enters their minds & that positive thought gets into the Sharks minds it could be the turning point in the series. Knights better get back to their game plan quick & hammer down or else.
More exciting hockey tomorrow.   :) Go Knights Go Go Knights Go Go Knights Go...
Guess the Canuck players have been in 4-6 dif countries in their early vacationing.  ;D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2018, 09:27:27 PM »

Wow what happened ? No energy at all for the Preds.  :-[When it was 2-1 Nashville has to take over & take it to the Jets. But it was the Jets who took it to Nashville.
Preds looked really slow. They were chasing the Jets all night. Tar & feather these guys. The little kids in Nashville are crying.
In my 63 yrs & watching the NHL I can tell ya Nashville is toast. Zero / no % chance to win in Winnipeg.
Jet fans will be going nuts on Monday & ya know their team does not want to go back to Nashville.
The bull has had too many sword jabs...the whale too many harpoons....the blood is flowing and they are losing their strength. Yes that is how Nashville looked. Slow no strenght...candle that's nearly burnt out. If Nashville got the first goal maybe the result would of been different.
It's time for one of those bad games to playing a great next game for Nashville.
My wish though is Vegas will meet the Jets in the next round so....I can see the Knights sweep the floor with the Jets. Then Vegas go on to the final round.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2018, 09:37:45 PM »

In all my 63 years of looking at the NHL these Jets have zero chance 0 % of winning. They are toast. Throw in the towel Jet fans.

Evidence why drinking impairs your cognitive processes ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2018, 09:39:43 PM »

Wow what happened ? No energy at all for the Preds.  :-[When it was 2-1 Nashville has to take over & take it to the Jets. But it was the Jets who took it to Nashville.
Preds looked really slow. They were chasing the Jets all night. Tar & feather these guys. The little kids in Nashville are crying.
In my 63 yrs & watching the NHL I can tell ya Nashville is toast. Zero / no % chance to win in Winnipeg.
Jet fans will be going nuts on Monday & ya know their team does not want to go back to Nashville.
The bull has had too many sword jabs...the whale too many harpoons....the blood is flowing and they are losing their strength. Yes that is how Nashville looked. Slow no strenght...candle that's nearly burnt out. If Nashville got the first goal maybe the result would of been different.
It's time for one of those bad games to playing a great next game for Nashville.
My wish though is Vegas will meet the Jets in the next round so....I can see the Knights sweep the floor with the Jets. Then Vegas go on to the final round.  ;D

Your predictions are as accurate as Chris' ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2018, 11:38:15 PM »

FA you really should get a gold metal for those last two posts.
OUCH OUCH.
Guess I have been flip flopping lately. But sadly the Preds did not come thru when it counted. Kinda like the Canucks in game 7 in the finals (2x)
Know TNA must be very disappointed with his team but....who knows maybe Nashville will take game 6.
The pressure is on the Jets. Jets know if they lose game 6 it is get on the plane & go to Nashville.
Ya then just know after the downer game tonight in their building they will want to redeem themselves.
The stress & pressure can get into the minds of the players & they just kinda freeze up or think too much. If Nashville can get good goaltending....ya just never never know. FA do not bet the house on a Jet win just yet. It may cost you dearly. Riches to rags  ;D
TNA did say the Preds can dominate a game after a bad loss!!!!! Game 6 & maybe game 7 anyone.
Caps win. 3-2 lead in the series.
The trap 1-3-1 was invented by the Leafs back like 100 yrs ago. New Jersey Devils brought it back not too many yrs ago. I was guessing Roger Neilson or Scotty Bowman or Iron Mike Keenan or one of those tricky coaches invented it. According to google search the Leafs invented the "trap".

arimaBOATER

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2018, 11:58:50 AM »

TNA must be in SHOCK. Maybe his mind is coming to the reality his Preds are just a round 1 or 2 team...
They just cannot go full out in the playoffs because their bodies just wear out/tired/sluggish.
His silence on last night's loss is deafening!!!! I know he will not WHINE but maybe maybe he got into the wine. If I was a Pred fan ...need at least a few glasses. SHOCKING LOSS.
They are a hard working team as look at all the pts they got in the season. But maybe they should of paced themselves more in the long season so they would have more go-go or fresher legs in the post season.
TNA must have caught CHRISbacteriavirus...commonly known as the submarine sickness.  ;D
Jets were so down a few days ago & so up presently. The effects of wins & losses.
Maybe game 6 will go to the 3rd OT ( 6 periods ) before the tie is broken.
6 periods would be like a Iron Mike sometimes crazy practise.