Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

no fishing reports

(1/2) > >>

JBB:
  I've been out of fishing for the last 3 seasons and now when I look for fishing reports from members there are very few . In the past the reports were useful and I gave as good as I got . Can someone tell me why this has changed ?

Blood_Orange:
Check out the member list, sorted by date registered. Only 1 new member in 2020, and only 7 in 2019. My guess is that new members are more enthusiastic and willing to take the time to write reports. We just don't have any new members ::)

wildmanyeah:

--- Quote from: Blood_Orange on September 13, 2020, 02:22:45 PM ---Check out the member list, sorted by date registered. Only 1 new member in 2020, and only 7 in 2019. My guess is that new members are more enthusiastic and willing to take the time to write reports. We just don't have any new members ::)

--- End quote ---

Reports are always driven by new members. once you learn a flow, why report on it your just gonna make it busier.

If i reported where i fished in the fall i would get death mail for the regulars on here

stsfisher:

--- Quote from: JBB on September 13, 2020, 10:41:02 AM ---  I've been out of fishing for the last 3 seasons and now when I look for fishing reports from members there are very few . In the past the reports were useful and I gave as good as I got . Can someone tell me why this has changed ?

--- End quote ---
Social media and access to hoards is the reason. Those that fish on a consistent basis have a network of persons they can get reports from. Those that do not fish consistently and only want info when it is "on" create a hoard mentality on any given body of water in a very short amount of time. Doesn't matter if its lakes, rivers, ocean areas social media fishing reports have created a negative effect for those that are out fishing regularly, this has been proven over and over again. 

Damien:
Yeah, forums overall are going the way of the Dodo.  Its all platform based now, IG, Facebook Groups, Reddit etc.

People want more likes and instant connection/interaction/ and even conflict with others that drives users to platforms.

I've been on a niche automotive forum for 15 years that used to be bustling.  The last people left are 15-20 regulars (mostly retired guys).

I recently joined a few Kayak fishing groups and gave up posting any meaningful 'reports'.  Especially those places with...sensitivity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version