Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: anybody fished christina lake?  (Read 3194 times)

carpenter

anybody fished christina lake?
« on: June 22, 2010, 05:50:09 PM »

I have never been to chistina lake before and wondering if i should bother bring my fly rod or my casting rod ?  if so what am i going to expect ? ???

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
Re: anybody fished christina lake?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 05:58:05 PM »

I have caught fish trolling leeches. I have also seen people catch bass under the docks with grey tube jigs.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:03:41 PM »

I have tried trolling spoons and spinner but had no success. I think i wasn't deep enough. I did see some nice rainbows get caught with hockey sticks trolled deep. Water is warm in that lake. Beautiful out that way tho. Have fun!

carpenter

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 08:33:35 PM »

thanks guys i guess i will probably do more swimming than fishing unless there is a boat up there . @ least the waters warm.

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 11:14:04 PM »

I used to cabin there as a kid. I remember catching lots of sun fish and yellow perch close to shore...south end of the lake? Pretty sure thats where I stayed. I've caught bass and a few rainbows....I know there are some river systems up there with rainbows..near the golf course...memory fails me. Beautiful area up there, have fun

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »

I've spent many days on Christina. Definitely bring a rod, spinning or fly. Catching the bass in that lake is easy. With spinning gear use tube jigs with 1/8 or 1/4 oz jig heads. Cast and let the jig sink to the bottom. Most hits will come on the "spin-down" as the jig circles its way down to the bottom. If you choose to fly fish you can either use wet flies like a leach, or dry flies in the evening like caddis fly patterns. There are no special spots to fish, the bass are everywhere in that lake. If you have a boat, you can cruise the shore line flipping your lures into the docks, or you can get up early and troll for kokanee.

The only reason I would head to a body of water without a rod would be if it was closed to fishing.

carpenter

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »

well there we have it bringing the fly rod , never really liked bass but those rivers around there could be great . have to check em out. thanks dion for the info