Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: latimer lake  (Read 19738 times)

Matt1984

Re: latimer lake
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 12:09:18 PM »

Is there any updates on fish in the lake and how can people such as myself get in on helping restore it, if its all possible that is.. I used to fish this lake as a kid all the time!

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 12:54:06 PM »

Restocking this lake would be great.I also have lots of memories there, including taking my son there when he was young.
There currentley is no place in Surrey where we can use our tubes and pontoons.
fishing is life, the rest is just details.

Matt1984

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 12:58:58 PM »

Yeah it was a great little lake, lots of fond memories. It is the type of place id like to be able to take my daughter to when shes a bit older and teach her how to fish.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »

I would suggest trying to fish it and see what you find.  I don't think your going to get a trout but there is a few other species that have been stocked in there illegally and I'm quite sure they haven't been fished out.  ;)

Matt1984

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »

I would suggest trying to fish it and see what you find.  I don't think your going to get a trout but there is a few other species that have been stocked in there illegally and I'm quite sure they haven't been fished out.  ;)

Thanks for the tip, what method of fishing would you suggest?

Silex-user

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 07:40:56 PM »

I have seen Sunfish, catfish, turtles and big Bull frogs there during the Spring time.

Silex-user

Matt1984

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2011, 10:15:03 AM »

I will head up in the next few days and give it a go.. ill keep everyone posted on how it goes

Matt1984

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »

I went to latimer yesterday the water looks good the Lily pads are gone for the most part, looks to be very fishable, saw power bait and line.. but nothing surfacing

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2015, 01:32:57 PM »

Any update on this water?  Confirmed bass in there?

Burbot

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2015, 07:44:08 PM »

Ask the bass group in abby to see if they stocked it and ask them what other places they have stocked.

Quin

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2015, 09:04:13 PM »

I don't know of any "Bass Group" who are stocking lakes, and if I did I'd report them. If anybody has evidence, please report it.
Quin

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2015, 02:51:44 PM »

Yeah, it just kind of....happened.   ::)

One guy that either was or is part of one of the very active bassin groups was outted, and fined.  Back when it was more or less one big group of BC Bassers.  Now there are several groups/allegiances/divisions whatever you want to call them.  And I think he was 'outcast' from all of the clubs, at least on public forums.

But IMHO, others either knew, prompted others to do it, or otherwise turned a blind eye.  Then when the one guy was outted, everyone in the community could point to him as the sole cause of the spread and wash their hands of it.

Anyhoo, if there are bass in some waters by some means or another, they are there now, I will fish'm.  Especially in places that don't really support our 'native' species.