Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breathable Wader Problem.  (Read 2603 times)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Breathable Wader Problem.
« on: April 16, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »

I got 2 pairs of North River breathables with holes in the neoprene footings. The holes were caused by my old wading boots which had worn out in the back heel and had cut into my good waders, which has not given them a bad leak. Iv tried aquaseal twice, but after walking around in them the edge of the aquaseal patch begins to crack, and I have the same problem again... Does anyone know what I can do to stop this.... I really dont want to fork out anymore cash, I just had all my gear stolen last week.
The Bigger The Better!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Breathable Wader Problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 03:35:56 PM »

Try using aqua seal on the inside as well as the outside of the neoprene. When you go to use them put the waders on then a pair of wool socks then put your wading boots on. The wool socks will take the wear and tear and not your waders. Also when you put the aqua seal on make sure you do not just cover the area that is leaking but also the area around the leak.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:40:07 PM »

The wool socks will take the wear and tear and not your waders.

Thats a handy trick ! The neo feet in my breathables are getting a little bit worn in spots because of chaffing

thanks
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 03:48:19 PM »

I was about to do alittle work on my waders and the aquaseal cap was glued on so tight I had to use the vice to get it off. Now I see that the aquaseal has sealed it shut, what a watse of 10 bucks. Maybe pop a hole through the side.
The Bigger The Better!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 04:09:51 PM »

stick a needle down threw where it sealed itself.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 04:16:19 PM »

I was about to do alittle work on my waders and the aquaseal cap was glued on so tight I had to use the vice to get it off. Now I see that the aquaseal has sealed it shut, what a watse of 10 bucks. Maybe pop a hole through the side.

I've had the exact same problem. Keeping it in the freezer after opening has not worked.

umpo4

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 05:56:29 PM »

It will cost about 50-60 bucks but take them to a dive shop ( skin diving ) shop. They can replace the feet for you. They use the same Neop. for wet suit material. Some shopes will patck them for you, like they do on wet suits.............I just last week talked to Simms ( wader co. ) about the same problem and they suggested this too. For their brand only they will replace the feet for the same price.....good luck