Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tomorrow Fishing Spots  (Read 8368 times)

waxfeet

Tomorrow Fishing Spots
« on: November 12, 2009, 05:20:26 PM »

I am thinking about heading out tomorrow. Any recommendations where to head out and find non-zombie like fish? Stave/Vedder/Chehalis ?

searun17

• Old Timer
Re: Tomorrow Fishing Spots
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 05:30:04 PM »

Well at this time of year you will see zombie like fish in most systems,your best bet would be to stay on the north side of the fraser,there are still chrome fish to be caught in all of those systems.there are still some clean fish in the vedder but they are becoming fewer and farther between as the days pass.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 05:32:03 PM »

Maybe the Squamish.

Steely

• Old Timer
  • Lovin' the Chrome
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »

Don't bother with the Chehalis unless you know what your doing. Stave has a few nice fish left and other then that the nicomen might have a few coho hanging around.
Get Off Your Butt And Start Fishin'

fish007

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »

Squamish would be good.  Haven`t been there before. What  are usual spots to fish there? (don`t want to go far upper)

waxfeet

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 07:42:25 PM »

I'm going to try Squamish tomorrow. Know of the best spots? What is the best way to get there?

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 09:08:37 AM »

I am getting really tired of these posts and questions from newbie forum members.  Park your car, lace up your boots, grab your rod and go for a f****** walk. 

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 09:11:42 AM »

I am getting really tired of these posts and questions from newbie forum members.  Park your car, lace up your boots, grab your rod and go for a f****** walk. 

now THATS one of the most ignorant posts I've seen.
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 09:34:53 AM »

when you think about it though scouterjames, the only way you can really learn is by doing what your asking right? some people do need to realize people are not going to tell them the hot spots, but moreless tell them to find our for themselves, because that is the best way to learn. just explore. when you only listen to what people tell you, you miss out on some awesome fishing experiences. personally, i never really take someone's advice on what good fishing and what bad fishing is like on a particular system. am i correct? we all prefer different water, different conditions etc, so going by someones report is hard to go in depth as to where they were fishing. doesnt mean the fishing is good nor bad, or that the season is over.

just my 2 cents

CC

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 10:16:54 AM »

You need a starting point...

Min

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »

Not out fishing on Friday, but, I am going to try my damnedest to get out on the weekend.  Or possibly Monday.

Have never fished the Stave so I might try that.  Actually only ever fished moving water once, about a year ago.  Wasn't successful then, but enjoyed the experience.

If you are there and see an older guy doing everything wrong, drop by and say hello.  That will be me.

Min

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »

Get out on Saturday cause the storms are coming.  Pick any river and try it out.  There are fish other then salmon to be caught as well. 

With a little exploring you might just find your own "secret" spot on a river.

I fish a handful of popular rivers in the Lower Mainland and like to walk 10-20 mins from parking the car and usually see no one for the day. 

Point is explore it will be worth it.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 03:22:30 PM »

when you think about it though scouterjames, the only way you can really learn is by doing what your asking right? some people do need to realize people are not going to tell them the hot spots, but moreless tell them to find our for themselves, because that is the best way to learn. just explore. when you only listen to what people tell you, you miss out on some awesome fishing experiences. personally, i never really take someone's advice on what good fishing and what bad fishing is like on a particular system. am i correct? we all prefer different water, different conditions etc, so going by someones report is hard to go in depth as to where they were fishing. doesnt mean the fishing is good nor bad, or that the season is over.

just my 2 cents

CC

Not disagreeing with you, but as Fish Assasin mentioned after your post, you DO need a starting point.... also, it was more the way it was posted that was ignorant - tell you what, if someone answered me like that after thinking this board and ones like it were a great friendly way to meet people and to get myself started - I wouldn't be back, that's for sure.  Generally people here are very friendly and helpful - I probably wouldn't be fishing as much or with near the sucess if a few of you hadn't shared some spots and advice when I was fisrt posting and asking questions (so thank you to those that have helped me and countless others get a start by sharing at least a word or two and the odd 'spot' for me to start from!!).

Since I didn't disagree with you, I only used one of your two cents - you get one back - save it for a rainy day!  ;D
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 03:28:37 PM »

Most people are smart enough to only give away the more popular spots anyways. How many are giving people GPS coordinates?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 03:38:44 PM »

You need a starting point...

What did beginners do before the internet????? Its one thing to ask for patterns and techniques but the search option on these sites will get you a location name. Then you might have to do some of your own research. I am not criticizing you FA its just I do see it from Cody and Daumzillas point of view. Get on the river and I wouldl be willing to help 100 times more than just trolling the websites, I guess that is just me. Why should I give up any info when I for the most part have had to do the leg work to find out or at least I have gotten it from someone in an exchange of information i.e. PM or email, you help me with a spot and I will help you out when you are up my way. It's only fair
always a student