Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fish-n-kids  (Read 1482 times)

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
Fish-n-kids
« on: September 21, 2004, 02:38:31 PM »

My buddy and I took my son out sturgeon fishing again on the 19th. Had a problem starting the old engine so we didn't get to our favorite hole till close to noon. No action after an hour so we moved to our next special place, my son was bugging me for him to use his light "salmon" rod for sturgeon so we set him up......What do you think happened next.....yes he hooks into one! We get our lines in while his reel (spincasting with 20lb. test) is screaming out line! well he is 10 years old and 80lbs and he fought it like a trooper while we dropped anchor and gave chase. To shorten a long story between nick and me we fought this fish for 2 hours and 2-3 miles of river before we got a lot at it!! one inch short of six feet and really thick!!! Beached the boat snapped a couple of quick pictures then release him!! this has been one of my best fishing experiences ever and not soon to be forgotten. This is 2 days after and nick is still saying how sore his shoulders and arms are. ;D

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
Re: Fish-n-kids
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 02:42:56 PM »

Great report, good to take the next generation out fishing   ;D.   I will eventually get my 2.5 year old twin girls into it too.
"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 03:31:54 PM »

very impressive. way to go kid (or should i say young fisher)...enuff to make any old papa proud  :) ;D

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 03:56:10 PM »

Those damn kids with no experience will out fish you every day.

Way to go Lil'moose ;D

Don't forget to post those pics.

roeman

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 07:30:28 PM »

If you have a boat, they are one of the easiest fish to catch, and the most exciting because you never know what will bite next a 3 footer or a 8 footer
Are you fishin or catchin