Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canucks loading up  (Read 8112 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: Canucks loading up
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 12:42:14 PM »

its pretty simple folks....if we are all sitting around the table swillin' brews I could care less about remarks like "you must be on crack"...it'd be amonst budz and we would know each other somewhat.....sorry if I'm a tad sensative,....but this is a public forum....anyone could read this...who knows...some folks are gullible enuff to think its true....I feel these kind of remarks are useless and only promote hard feelings...which I haven't got yet....but I hope you understand my view...Leafs suck is a completely different deal...I'll haggle with all of ya at the same time on that one...but I'll never say..."you musta drank 3 bottles of Jim Beam before postin' that...how do you find the keyboard???"....if you disagree...is ok...but I'll not participate in a disscussion that has personal negative comments...is pointless in my mind....whats left of it...;))

mojo mostly a thickskin...but do have my pet peeves.. ;D

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Now I have seen everything, are you kidding me ???  I appologize if you are offended by that but  :o :o :o :o if people took the jokes that are said on here for face value I would be all sorts of nasty things, I guess I figured that with the way you banter about you had a sense of humour, I am sorry I was wrong, I guess from now on if I see you have made a post I will PM you first top make sure my response doesn't get you're knickers in a twist
Mojo please let me know if my response to you're response to my response to you're response has upset you in some way
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:47:34 PM by TrophyHunter »

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 12:55:39 PM »

And for the record mojo , you can yap all day about how I know nothing about hockey, but please don't post pointless stats on here that count for nothing when it matters, how a team plays together and how they figure out how to win when it counts is what makes a team great especially in the playoff's.. look at all the teams in the league whom sport superstars !! see how many of them are going to be golfing when the playoff's start, a team that works well together is the team that win's the cup

did this post offend you in some way ? if it did please let me know asap
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 01:02:55 PM »

gee...all I said was if yer gonna be slurrin' folks I wouldn't participate....I have a great sence of ho-ho....ask those who know me...but on a "public forum" posting to strangers I think even joking slurs are innappropriate(it would have been different if you actually knew me)and could color someone elses opinon of that person...u know ....how bout "he posted about a fish he caught where I was today...I didn't see a thing so he prolly snagged it....must be a snagger"...folks only have to read stuff to get preconcieved ideas..but call it how you see it...these are just my thoughts...as for mailin' me...don' bother...;))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 01:08:51 PM »

And for the record mojo , you can yap all day about how I know nothing about hockey, but please don't post pointless stats on here that count for nothing when it matters, how a team plays together and how they figure out how to win when it counts is what makes a team great especially in the playoff's.. look at all the teams in the league whom sport superstars !! see how many of them are going to be golfing when the playoff's start, a team that works well together is the team that win's the cup

TH

guess you just solved this for me...you obviously have no respect for the folks here that you haven't met.... this offends you crap is a tad childlish....but carry on...your true character is comin' out.... ;D

mojo knows stats show more than you think...it is the only way to accurately measure a players worth...who kin say how a player will play next year....no one...but  stats will show you how a player has performed in the past...how they will bond as a team is the same deal...only time will tell if teammates get that chemistry goin'...you can't predict this stuff....but you can rant about your superior knowledge of the game and how stats are useless....honest...its allowed.....;))))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 01:39:06 PM »

I'll say the Leafs will be fortunate to make the post season...but stranger things have happened...like ice hockey in cities that have no naturally occuring ice ::)

I agree with that astute assessment. ;)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 02:19:10 PM »

TH

guess you just solved this for me...you obviously have no respect for the folks here that you haven't met.... this offends you crap is a tad childlish....but carry on...your true character is comin' out.... ;D

mojo knows stats show more than you think...it is the only way to accurately measure a players worth...who kin say how a player will play next year....no one...but  stats will show you how a player has performed in the past...how they will bond as a team is the same deal...only time will tell if teammates get that chemistry goin'...you can't predict this stuff....but you can rant about your superior knowledge of the game and how stats are useless....honest...its allowed.....;))))

mojo

The fact is that if you look at a player such as Matt Cooke for instance on paper he looks terrible, but that man has the ability to change the entire outcome of a game with his hits and his tenacity, his work ethic is addictive and you can see the whole team come alive when he gets going, how can you show the worth of this type of player ?? his stats don't show it but he is one of the most important players on the Nuck's.. he is but one example... I say it again, stats mean nothing when it comes to hockey
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 02:32:25 PM »

The fact is that if you look at a player such as Matt Cooke for instance on paper he looks terrible, but that man has the ability to change the entire outcome of a game with his hits and his tenacity, his work ethic is addictive and you can see the whole team come alive when he gets going, how can you show the worth of this type of player ?? his stats don't show it but he is one of the most important players on the Nuck's.. he is but one example... I say it again, stats mean nothing when it comes to hockey
TH
[/quote]

this verifies what I have been saying...you lack secondary scoring....but you do have Cooke...one of the most important players on the team ....some folks see steak....some baloney.....;)))

mojo when I say you...I mean the team

mojo

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 07:42:15 PM »

Sure did not help them tonight losing to the lowly Blues, looks like the loading up has upset the rest of the boys, will they win another game this season? ;D ;D ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 07:57:29 PM »

Sure did not help them tonight losing to the lowly Blues, looks like the loading up has upset the rest of the boys, will they win another game this season? ;D ;D ;D
Funny you should mention that considering that the Laughs got their asses handed to them 6-1 tonight, and the Isles won!!  Are the Laughs even going to make the playoffs??  Me thinks NO!!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Lumps

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 07:17:43 AM »

I agree! The leafs are falling off the tree. I do worry about the sharks, that was a great pick up for them in Guerin, there PP is going to be sick.
Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 09:07:55 AM »

Leafs will have Tucker and Wellwood back in the next 2-3 weeks...that will boost the teams skill level...but its what the Buds do in the inbetween that is crucial...of course if they do finangle a playoff spot...Peca will be avaiable....another shot in the arm for them....we'll just havta wait and see...maybe Aubin will go on a tear...if PM ever figures out he has 2 goaltenders.

mojo